Words of encouragement

Coopcheney

Songster
May 21, 2023
New Jersey
I feel so defeated. A couple weeks ago my 4 ladies had some red kites on the roost part of the coop. Caught it early and so far I have not found anything on them or the coop in over a week. I started to feel better about it and this morning I woke up and one of my girls has a swollen eye. She had this the day I adopted her and I cleaned it out and put medicine on it and she was 100% better. It’s been a few months since then and now she has the same thing. She is sitting under a tree eating still but I. A tell her eye is making her feel yucky. They are all starting to molt and seem to not really peck and explore all day like I’m used to. I feel scared that I did something wrong or not doing enough. I feel so discouraged. I clean the coop daily, clean water and fresh food and since I adopted them I feel like they have always had a frail immune system. They were not in a good situation prior. I just want them to be happy. So sorry for the rambling but I feel so incredibly overwhelmed.

I don’t have any advice.
I want to tell you that those hens hit the lottery when you adopted them. You care about them, take care of them and love them!
Joining BYC is one of the smartest things you did.
People here are very passionate about their birds, be it chickens, ducks, quail, turkeys..,
You will never be alone with your ladies on BYC. :frow

I don’t have any advice.
I want to tell you that those hens hit the lottery when you adopted them. You care about them, take care of them and love them!
Joining BYC is one of the smartest things you did.
People here are very passionate about their birds, be it chickens, ducks, quail, turkeys..,
You will never be alone with your ladies on BYC. :frow
Thank you for saying that!!!!❤️

Back
Top Bottom