World Record for Smallest Chick? *Cute Pic Alert!*

carolina chicky

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
South Carolina
I have a bantam chick that was born on 7/7. At 4 days old she weighed in at barely 1/2 ounce. Now at 7 days she weighs only 3/4 ounce. She is doing great, very active, eats all the time.
So I was wondering if anyone know if maybe this ia a record of some kind? Her dad is a larger Red Pyle Bantam (Maybe like a modern game bantam?) and the mom is a small wheaten OEG bantam.
When she was born I posted about her having a horrible head injury that I believe was caused by her mom pecking at her face. The right side of her face is a bit deformed looking and I think she is blind in her right eye but she is still doing so good.

Here is a pic of my baby, that I named "Princess" (hope it's a girl, lol)
26808_000_0152.jpg

Ha! I wonder too at RECORD sizes. I have a hen here, that was hatched from a pair that were hatched from the same egg! SERIOUSLY! My neighbor did it! A double yolker! a boy and girl, (Oliver and Lisa) IN-Separable!! She tried hatching Lisa's eggs but only one made it. This thing is so little, We got her in the fall, and she is only 4 oz yet! CUTE, sassy, sweet..... TINY! I am wondering if she is gonna be the worlds smallest Bantam!! (at least I THINK it's a girl... would be WONDERFUL if it was a little Roo!)

Back
Top Bottom