worlds smallest chicken egg/with pics!

Katy, it could be a Marans egg...sometimes they lay one colored like that. If they lay a lot and close together (I've got a hen that will sometimes lay two eggs in 24 hrs), they kind of run out of paint in the chute, so to speak, seeing as the dark egg color is really a coating on a lighter color egg. I've occasionally gotten an egg that was a regular brown color w/just a spattering of the typical dark Marans "paint" on it, like the speckles on your ginormous egg!!

That is too cute! We got an egg that size once. It is dark brown with speckles. I want to blow it out so I can keep it forever. I haven't yet though, I am scared I will break it.
The picure of the yolk is so cute! Can you imagine how tiny the baby would be??? Like a little bug! Here is a picture of our largest egg and smallest egg. The largest was a double yolk.
9400_img_3616.jpg

Last edited:
Heres some from my collection of fart eggs i get about one a year and i have one smaller than the first pic.
The big one is a double yolk EE egg and the little brown one is a Barred egg.
All the tiny ones came from my bantams they are resting in a large acorn cap.
HPIM8360.jpg

Awwww, that has got to be the Cutest thing I have seen and heard Ever!!!! You did a very good job frying the tiny itty bitty little egg!! I adore that picture of the egg cracked open and the very perfect tiny yolk inside. Thank you so much for sharing it!!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom