World's youngest crow!

kesrchicky16

Songster
Dec 13, 2016
Ok maybe not but I've never had one before 4.5 months or older.

I have some not quite 3 months dual purpose mixed breed chicks. I was letting everyone our for breakfast when I hear this weird noise. I get to the chicks enclosure and hear my true year old rooster crow. I hear the noise again. Its obviously a bird noise but not a cluck and not really crowing. I have heard each teenage cockerel come into crowing at over 4 months old. This didn't sound quite like that either. Much quieter without the attempt at projection. So now I'm watching the chicks and waiting for my roo to crow again. ... About 30 seconds after the next crow my little RIR cross cockerel streches out and makes a funny little baritone crowish noise. He seriously hatched in my bedroom in January 12-14!

At least I know I've guessed his gender correctly! And that explains the anxious behaviour from my roo and 8 months old cockerel.

I guess he's trying to fit in with the big boys!

Truth be told he's just biding his time trying to fit in the freezer. The big boys have been pacing the seperation fence trying to kick his and his brothers butts. 2 weeks and the suspected pullets get to start integrating. Hoping I have everyone's genders right. I'll repost gender question pics in about a week, when they are a full 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom