Wormer strength/proper wormer to use?

topochico225

Enthusiasm Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2020
Deep South
Hi!

I'm going to TSC in about 20 minutes, and I need advice on wormers to get for my 9 month RIR pullet.

So, I can't get Valbazen because good LORD that's expensive! :thI'm seeing Safeguard for goats, which is still pretty pricey, but I was wondering if I could use Safeguard for dogs (4 gm). Link to the TSC page: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...-safe-guard-canine-dewormer-4-gm?cm_vc=-10005

It says the main ingredient is fenbendazole, which seems like it would be fine to use for chickens? (At a smaller dose, ofc.) There's also the 2 gm strength variety.

TIA!

No worries, you're fine! What worms do you want to treat and are they laying eggs?
They all are laying, have been for about 5 months now! :celebrateI want to generally worm my girls, as I've never done it before, and they seem to be having some digestive weirdness. I posted about some diarrhea in my CQs, and now my RIR is having what might be mild prolapse.

Any chance you could get a bunch of poop tested for worms? If not, I would give each one 0.23 ml per pound of body weight orally for five consecutive days. That will treat almost all worms.

They all are laying, have been for about 5 months now! :celebrateI want to generally worm my girls, as I've never done it before, and they seem to be having some digestive weirdness. I posted about some diarrhea in my CQs, and now my RIR is having what might be mild prolapse.
That was not a prolapse.

Back
Top Bottom