Wormers

pslane

Songster
12 Years
Apr 22, 2010
Sumter SC
I am about to worm my flock and will be using piperazine for general worms. I'd also like to treat for tape worms and would like to know if anyone has a source for the medication to do this. You can PM me if you like. Thanks.

I am about to worm my flock and will be using piperazine for general worms. I'd also like to treat for tape worms and would like to know if anyone has a source for the medication to do this. You can PM me if you like. Thanks.

Piperazine only treats large roundworms. Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer or zimectrin gold equine wormer will take care of tapes. I recommend valbazen, easier to administer and kills all types of worms.

Piperazine only treats large roundworms. Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer or zimectrin gold equine wormer will take care of tapes. I recommend valbazen, easier to administer and kills all types of worms.

Thank You for the Valbazen info Dawg53.
thumbsup.gif

Thank you. I'm assuming you can buy Valbazen at the local farm and feed store? Is it put in the water or given directly? Also, do you know the dose for bantams? I'm sure it's probably not on the package since it's for cattle and sheep, etc.

Thank you. I'm assuming you can buy Valbazen at the local farm and feed store? Is it put in the water or given directly? Also, do you know the dose for bantams? I'm sure it's probably not on the package since it's for cattle and sheep, etc.
Jefferslivestock.com has it if your local stores dont. Administer orally, 1/2cc for standards, 1/4cc for smaller birds. Repeat dosing in 10 days. There's a 24 day withdrawal start to finish.

Do you have to throw out the eggs for awhile after you worm them? Is this the 24 day withdrawl you were talking about?

Last edited:
Thanks, again, Dawg53. Also for the link. I'm going to order from them instead of going out looking for it.

Back
Top Bottom