Worming a large flock

nfisher

Hatching
Aug 3, 2022
Catching each bird and worming it is not an option. I was about to buy Safe Guard Aquasol but I can not find where it said X cc per gallon. I'm willing to mix their water a gallon at a time....but there is no instruction on how to do it.

My baby turkeys just had a bout with blackhead which I beat with Cayenne pepper...but I have peachicks that need to come out...and the turkey pen is the only place I have for them to go. Blackhead risk I assume is high. Figured I'd warm EVERYONE, keep Cayenne in their food...and watch them closely.

I just need to know if there's a mg per gallon number I can use...or if I'm way off....thank you.

If you want to use the Aquasol, then you would need to calculate the weights so you can get your mix correct.

I'm not sure what else you can use if you are looking for something to go in the whole flocks water.

A lot of folks with large flocks, split them into groups and go ahead and direct oral dose their birds with Safeguard or Valbazen.
That's if you have a mixed flock and can tell birds apart.

My flock is mixed, completely so. No way to separate them and treat them...I will just hit the flock with cayenne pepper heavily....and hope for the best.

If they are mixed, then you could break that up by breed.

For example, deworm all the Leghorns and Buffs one week, then move on to Wyandottes and Barred Rocks the next.

Or do you mean they are backyard mixes, so separating by breed would make it difficult.

Back
Top Bottom