Worming a mixed flock? Need some input...

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by blondie34, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Garden Peas

Garden Peas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2014
    Well, I figured Merck would be more responsive to my vet, so he called his Merck representative who assured him the supplier (apparently there is an intermediary supplier for all the Merck products) had this. The supplier couldn't find it, so Merck gave him the product numbers/listings, he called the supplier back, supplier is still trying to figure it out...

It's new, lol, but I'm hoping to have my hands on some soon. I'll let you know how much it is once the supplier actually finds it [​IMG] I figure I pretty much have to get it from my vet now that he's jumped through this many hoops [​IMG]

2. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Now I just need to try and convince my local feed store to start carrying it in stores.

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

I think it's probably to expensive.

-Kathy

4. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014

5. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Last time I bought Safeguard for goats I bought the gallon size from my vet. It was much cheaper than at the farm store. Good thing it has a long shelf life, I probably have a lifetime supply since I am now doing my own fecal exams and am not using as much of it. I have no intentions of doing anything differently so I won't be looking for any of the AquaSol.

6. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    Maybe you could buy some goats? [​IMG]

7. blondie34

blondie34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2013
    Grand Rapids, OH
    Interesting idea.. I wonder if I can get some through my vet. She sees horses and other livestock so I'm wondering if I can get some cheaper through her ..

8. blondie34

blondie34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2013
    Grand Rapids, OH
    [​IMG] I like where your head is at Garden Peas! Sounds like a perfect solution haha

9. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014

10. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    A liter of Wormout Gel is about the same price as a liter of Safeguard. One thing I need to do is to find some info on the wormers in it. Lots of info on Praziquantel, and I'm pretty sure the dose is in the 10 mg/kg range, not sure about the other drug.

-Kathy

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by