worming ducks

huckaberry3

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 31, 2013
Who worms their ducks? How much of what do I need to use? Also how long after worming do I have to wait before butchering them? I have read the storeys guide to raising ducks and it is pretty vague unless I missed it.

Thanks in advance.

Huck

Who worms their ducks? How much of what do I need to use? Also how long after worming do I have to wait before butchering them? I have read the storeys guide to raising ducks and it is pretty vague unless I missed it.

Thanks in advance.

Huck
I worm my whole flock using Verm-X it's a natural wormer so I'd say if you use a natural wormer you can butcher anytime. Not sure but I think on the wormers[chemical] they give you the time to wait before butchering. Some use Safe-Guard which is a sheep wormer but I don't know the dosage.

Are the instructions on the bottle for ducks?
I am not aware of a wormer that is made for water fowl, actually I think there is only one that is recc for chickens and that's Wazine, but a lot of people use other wormers for their water fowl. When I used Epernix Pour on which is used like front line for dogs, There was not a time for egg with drawl so I'd say it would be safe to use before butcher. I had to order it on line though couldn't find it local. Here's on link that may help... http://poultrykeeper.com/duck-keeping/worming-ducks and
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom