Worming, still confused...

They tried to get the non medicated purina startena last time but all they can order is medicated. I don't think they have non medicated at the warehouse they get it at. I think i would have to special order the manna pro. They carry no game bird feed in stock. People around here just don't have them. There is one other person that gets the medicated purina starter and thats it. I finally found this. Its their locally milled feed.
I may just have to use it. Its not crumbles its more crushed grains, with some whole pieces. I tried one bag when i ran out of the purina starter and its ok. They just don't eat any of the big pieces in it, luckily its not too much waste. Its the same price as the purina starter. I pay $23 a bag.

Last edited:
I might use Rooster Booster Multi-Wormer for the worming, then no more dirt for them, even though they love it.

Just get them some sand.

I personally wouldn't eat the bird or the egg if it's been on medicated feed, but that is a personal preference. I'm unsure if it is recommended to eat them or not.

Usually safe-guard is the wormer of choice for quail.

If you feed them that feed that is mixed with seeds and such you will have to offer grit too or they could get impacted crops.

Last edited:
Don't deprive them of dust baths, happy birds are thrifty birds. Any bird in any cage can get worms from other sources. Most parasites spend at least part of their lives in an intermediate host such as flies, ants, crickets, slugs, mice, rats and a host of other vermin and bugs. Rooster Booster covers most of the common parasites so worm them if you feel more comfortable. Keep in mind no wormer on the market currently takes care of all internal parasites so it's best to still be vigilant of your birds health.

Common parasites in poultry

this stuff? How much do i use and how is it given? I don't mind giving them dirt and worming them a couple times a year if thats what i need to do.

They tried to get the non medicated purina startena last time but all they can order is medicated. I don't think they have non medicated at the warehouse they get it at. I think i would have to special order the manna pro. They carry no game bird feed in stock. People around here just don't have them. There is one other person that gets the medicated purina starter and thats it. I finally found this. Its their locally milled feed.
I may just have to use it. Its not crumbles its more crushed grains, with some whole pieces. I tried one bag when i ran out of the purina starter and its ok. They just don't eat any of the big pieces in it, luckily its not too much waste. Its the same price as the purina starter. I pay $23 a bag.

This will work good. My feed is a crushed grain too, I get it custom mixed from a local farm. If the mill isnt terribly far away, you might ask if they can make a 24-28% ration, but this stuff will work fine as well

Back
Top Bottom