WORMING with Fenbendazole - - How much?

Pics
I checked their poop piles this morning under their roosting spot. Didn't see anything too obviously helminthic in their scat, but I didn't poke too long at 630 in the morning holding a flashlight.

There were a few bloody drops in the piles under the bird I suspect has the heaviest burden though. Good sign, I'll assume.

Day 5 of treating them is done!

5 treatments of safeguard liquid, 1.5 mL per bird orally per day, at about the same time each afternoon.

I haven't noticed anymore 'seasame turds'. I never saw anything obviously a helminth in their poop. I saw a few blood spots in their nighttime turds, but only that first night after I gave them a dose.

I haven't seen one bird do "the gape" since I gave them the first dose. I used to see one of our birds do it every so often, but not since the dewormer. I think it is possible to have some parasite load and not be at deaths door. Glad I did the deworming. I watched them quite a bit on the first 3 days of deworming, and not one gasp for breath.

Now we just need to decide if we're gonna eat the eggs from this time....

I checked their poop piles this morning under their roosting spot. Didn't see anything too obviously helminthic in their scat, but I didn't poke too long at 630 in the morning holding a flashlight.

There were a few bloody drops in the piles under the bird I suspect has the heaviest burden though. Good sign, I'll assume.
I’ve been having the same problem for about 3 months now. (I attached a photo).
I’ve been treating with Avitrol plus and Equimax. Those worms always come back after a few weeks. It’s never ending.
However I noticed I only see them in poo pooped in the afternoon. Never when I clean the coop in the morning. Let me know if it works for you but 3 months in I’m still worming my chickens very regularly

Attachments

• 38E70EB3-F0AF-48B2-840D-0200C6815D51.jpeg
    38E70EB3-F0AF-48B2-840D-0200C6815D51.jpeg
    732.5 KB · Views: 19
I only noticed it the afternoon, or at least later in the morning, as well. Interesting. . .

I will keep an eye on them and post if I start to notice anything starting to show back up.

One thing I noticed is one of my ladies comb/waddle is bright red in the morning, but kinda pale by evening. It's still like that even after the treatment.... Only one though.

I've never seen anything crawling on them ... I even looked each one's head/neck over good the last few days when dosing them up with safeguard.

I will stop by and get some pyrethrin ear drops tomorrow and give them each a drop. Or do you think more of a bodywide approach is better? I give them access to dust bath mixed with a liberal amount of DE everyday.

I've never seen anything crawling on them ... I even looked each one's head/neck over good the last few days when dosing them up with safeguard.

I will stop by and get some pyrethrin ear drops tomorrow and give them each a drop. Or do you think more of a bodywide approach is better? I give them access to dust bath mixed with a liberal amount of DE everyday.
Get some Gordon's 10% permethrin and spray them.

Back
Top Bottom