Worms and Worming - Warning, Graphic Pictures and Videos

Pics
I heard that cayenne pepper is a good natural wormer & is good for bacteria in stomach too..i ve used it..mix it with crumble feed in a feeder..they apparently like it too.they eat it up

Lol..I figured at the very least it will pre-season them for eating...once the worms are gone that is...good luck on that btw...I tried my hand at turkeys a few years ago,they were a sickly bunch of birds.picked up every parisite in the book...

Lol..I figured at the very least it will pre-season them for eating...once the worms are gone that is...good luck on that btw...I tried my hand at turkeys a few years ago,they were a sickly bunch of birds.picked up every parisite in the book...

Turkeys for human consumption can be very hard to raise with chickens. As pets, it's easier, one just needs to stock up on metronidazole and Baytril.

-Kathy

FARAD's list changes, mostly getting longer, over time. Look up the latest on their website. It's mostly about antibiotic drug resistance issues, which has become a very big deal. Mary

FARAD's list changes, mostly getting longer, over time.  Look up the latest on their website.  It's mostly about antibiotic drug resistance issues, which has become a very big deal.  Mary

Is there anything you can do about a typo on the FARAD site?

-Kathy

From Farad:
http://www.usfarad.org/drug-wdi-faqs.html

Fenbendazole
Fenbendazole is approved as an oral suspension for laying hens in the United Kingdom for treatment of gastro-intestinal nematodes at a dose of 1mg/kg/bw for 5 days and has a zero day egg and six day meat withdrawal. In the US, since there is no tolerance, this withdrawal needs to be extended. Submit a withdrawal request to FARAD.

Piperazine
There is one study looking at piperazine residues in the eggs of treated hens. Piperazine is approved for use in laying hens in Australia and Canada at doses ranging from 130 to 200mg/kg/body weight one time and a zero day egg and meat withdrawal. Because of the lack of a tolerance in the US, FARAD recommends a 17 day egg withdrawal for piperazine used at broiler label doses in laying hens.

Ivermectin
There are limited studies available in the literature on the depletion of ivermectin residues from eggs. Given the limited studies and data available, FARAD cannot provide a blanket withdrawal interval recommendation and individuals are requested to submit a withdrawal interval request to FARAD. Submit a withdrawal request to FARAD.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom