Worms!? Maggots!? In poop!!!

Thank you. That’s what I thought they were but needed to take caution just in case. What kind of vinegar do you use? I’m going to clean out all bedding and add new stuff to get rid of any larvae in the bedding.
You want to keep everything AS DRY AS POSSIBLE to prevent flies and maggots.

Can you post a few pictures of your set up?

I have shavings with a passion...I think they are nasty and stinky.
I use dirt and peat moss. I have no fly issues.

You want to keep everything AS DRY AS POSSIBLE to prevent flies and maggots.

Can you post a few pictures of your set up?

I have shavings with a passion...I think they are nasty and stinky.
I use dirt and peat moss. I have no fly issues.
I use those pine shavings you can get at TSC. I have no issue with them. They stay dry and clean the only thing is the poop. The PDZ soaks up so much moisture from the poop that the litter scoop doesn’t catch all the things when you scoop it up. I’ve never had any issues with it until now. The gnats also like to hide in the PDZ. I sometimes put mint in it as a pest repellent but idk if it’s working.

I found my dewormer on Etsy. Screenshot_20230707-075513_Etsy.jpg

I use those pine shavings you can get at TSC. I have no issue with them. They stay dry and clean the only thing is the poop. The PDZ soaks up so much moisture from the poop that the litter scoop doesn’t catch all the things when you scoop it up. I’ve never had any issues with it until now. The gnats also like to hide in the PDZ. I sometimes put mint in it as a pest repellent but idk if it’s working.
You could put a light sprinkling of permethrin dust (Hi yeild livestock powder, seven dust, etc) down on top of your pdz (also I recommend switching to stall fresh, it's the same thing but way cheaper for a lot more product https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/standlee-horse-fresh-premium-bedding-additive

You could put a light sprinkling of permethrin dust (Hi yeild livestock powder, seven dust, etc) down on top of your pdz (also I recommend switching to stall fresh, it's the same thing but way cheaper for a lot more product https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/standlee-horse-fresh-premium-bedding-additive
Should I sprinkle the dust on the bottom of the board before adding the PDZ or mix. Sometimes the girls with lay a soft egg in the poop baord bc they don’t seem to notice the difference for a soft egg and poop and the flock jumps at it to eat it. Would the dust harm them if eaten?

Should I sprinkle the dust on the bottom of the board before adding the PDZ or mix. Sometimes the girls with lay a soft egg in the poop baord bc they don’t seem to notice the difference for a soft egg and poop and the flock jumps at it to eat it. Would the dust harm them if eaten?
I'd just sprinkle it on top, they'll be fine, then add a little bit once a week or so. Do they have access to oyster shell? How old are your ladies?

I'd just sprinkle it on top, they'll be fine, then add a little bit once a week or so. Do they have access to oyster shell? How old are your ladies?
Yes they have oyester shell and I feed them their egg shells. There just werid with no other problems 😭. There 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom