Worms!? Maggots!? In poop!!!

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
I noticed the poop in the beddings had these worm things in it. The poop boards as well. I’m not sure they are worms I think they came from the little gnats that have been in the poop boards. Since it’s so hot I can seem to find a way to get rid of the gnats. I use PDZ in the poop baords do you have any other suggestion of what to put in it? I use a cat litter scoop but I might need one with smaller holes.

Video of the worms.

Start deworming them immediately and put them on a feed like verm x etc.. you can find dewormers for chickens on amazon. Keep an eye on their poops,make sure they eat and drink and aren't lethargic.

Last edited:
Start deworming them immediately and put them on a feed like verm x etc.. you can find dewormers for chickens on amazon. Keep an egg on their poops,make sure they eat and drink and aren't lethargic.
They were eating and drinking this morning. Acting fine. Do you know what kind of worms they are? The feed I use is all flock what is verm x? Would the deworming hurt them if they didn’t have worms or is it safe to use either way?

They were eating and drinking this morning. Acting fine. Do you know what kind of worms they are? The feed I use is all flock what is verm x? Would the deworming hurt them if they didn’t have worms or is it safe to use either way?
I'm not sure what kind if worms they might be. Most chickens will have worms in them that's why it's important to annually deworm them. It won't hurt them if they don't have worms just make sure your using the correct dosage for them. Verm x is a organic feed used to control intestinal health and natural herbs to prevent diseases/infections, just use that along with corn and leafy greens and you chooks will love it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what kind if worms they might be. Most chickens will have worms in them that's why it's important to annually deworm them. It won't hurt them if they don't have worms just make sure your using the correct dosage for them. Verm x is a organic feed used to control intestinal health and natural herbs to prevent diseases/infections, she use that along with corn and leafy greens and you chooks will love it.
Thank you. I’ve found a couple dewormers on Amazon most are pills. My chickens would never take pills they spit them out. Are there any other dewormers i could look for. How often should I deworm them? How long should I replace there feed with Verm x?

I found this stuff on Amazon. Would this be good until I can find the feed? What type of dewormer do you suggest?

Attachments

• A9683057-152D-4F2F-B3CD-FEE536764E42.png
    A9683057-152D-4F2F-B3CD-FEE536764E42.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
I Wonder if they have that feed but for an all flock. I have a rooster so I don’t feed him layer bc of too much calcium. Are crack worms harmful? Are they in the chickens or from a fly in the poop?

I Wonder if they have that feed but for an all flock. I have a rooster so I don’t feed him layer bc of too much calcium. Are crack worms harmful? Are they in the chickens or from a fly in the poop?
Keep an eye for when they poop and see if theres worms in it also see if there's blood in their poop which indicates coccidiosis. If it is indeed that then I'd reccomend harkers coxoid oral solution but if it just a worm problem then a simple dewormer feed and natural dewormers will be alright. I'd reccomend reading this read too.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/worms-still-in-poop-after-de-worming.1587872/

Back
Top Bottom