worried about winter!

buckeye lover

Chirping
Jun 8, 2019
108_0134.JPG
108_0130 (2).JPG

I'm worried about feeding "crooked" this winter. We have to put water in her food so she can eat it, I also make her scrambled eggs n yogurt. My query is this...how can I keep her food from freezing this winter, I was thinking she may have to stay on the back porch, but there has to be a better way! Is there some sort of warming bowl that I could get without starting a fire n the coup? Cuz I would really hate fried chicken*
Thanxs everybody>>> PEACE OUT~

Last edited:
Hi There.
Love your pic of crooked, bless her. you can buy diffrent size bowls, with a Thermo base, in which you add hot water in the base, then place her food on top. It
will keep her food warm up to 5 hours. They are pretty good to be honest. At least
it will stop the food from freezing over for a few hours. If you google food warmer
dishes /bowls, you will find where to buy them. They are not expensive either. Hope
this helps, another thought, that crossed my mind, do you knit at all, or know someone
who do. As they can knit her a lovely wooly jumper which will help her keep warm, with the bad winters you have. Although i live in UK over here they have a chicken club,
with you can either buy them, or get free patterns. They are very trendy lol plus a lot
uses them, and chickens love them too. lol :frow

Back
Top Bottom