Worried duck mom

I hope the best for your little guy. Here is a picture of the B-complex bottles. It's the same but they changed the label at some point. Keep us all posted!
IMG_0251.JPG

The vet did order pain and anti inflammatory meds?

Yes he did To try to get him more comfortable.. he really seems to be having a difficult time more so than before .. I just came home from work and gave him the b complex and made sure their pool was to the top in case he wants to take a swim.. but he really doesn’t move much he walks a little bit and then gets back down. He seems to be shaking a bunch I think from the leg..and I just noticed he was tucking his tail a bit to one side.. I gave him his med this morning however he doesn’t seem to be having any difference right now .. I’m pretty worried. Sending thanks to all the great support

It may take a few days or longer to see any improvement. Don’t lose hope. Can you give him a step or ramp to help him get into the pool?
I made sure my husband dug the pool in the ground.. and the dirt leads right up to it for him as well as some rocks inside the pool to help him get out eAsier .. thank you you are a fairy duck mom... my husband feels as if every winter he seems to get worse.. will the pain meds help him heal at all in your expert opinion?

Pain meds will only help with pain. Inflammatory will help with inflammation which is causing the pain so both will help each other make him feel better. Make sure he doesn’t have a large area to have to move around in, he needs pool time more than using his legs to keep up with his mate. Pool time means the weight is off his legs and moving around in the pool is like gentle therapy. As long as it isn’t freezing water. Very cold water makes our muscles tense up where warm or tepid helps them relax

Pain meds will only help with pain. Inflammatory will help with inflammation which is causing the pain so both will help each other make him feel better. Make sure he doesn’t have a large area to have to move around in, he needs pool time more than using his legs to keep up with his mate. Pool time means the weight is off his legs and moving around in the pool is like gentle therapy. As long as it isn’t freezing water. Very cold water makes our muscles tense up where warm or tepid helps them relax

Yea he had a whole 2 acres and I had my husband recreate a Smaller fenced in area with fresh cut soft straw for him on the ground and his mate.. with the pool and his food and water .. now that it is cold They go in an insulated house for the both of them as opposed to their pen that is open fence on the sides just a roof on top.. I noticed that he doesn’t really walk much at all now he will get up and sit back down.. hoping that maybe with some rest he will heal up.. I’m pretty attached to him and all of my animals :-(

Do these things ever have a better outcome after resting from what you have seen?

Back
Top Bottom