worried!

JulieMc

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
Just got baby ameracauna home and she is laying in the brooder like she is asleep panting, can't hold head up, falls over like she can't stay awake. Should i worry?

How long has she been doing this? Is she up and active at all? Add some sugar to her water and keep a close eye on her, hopefully tomorrow you can get to the store and get that stuff you add to the water (sav a chick i think is the name, I have some on hand at home and havent used it thankfully)

Since i got her home. She was fine at breeder. Picked her up 1.5 hours from home but brought all three straight here. She was taken out of brooder where i got her and two of the breeders kids were allowed to run around holding the box. I hope they didnt injure her.

Oh man the breeder let the kids run around with a baby chick in the box?!
sad.png
that is so wrong. I really hope she is ok but honestly it's not sounding good. Has she drank at all? Can you mix up some sugar water and like help her drink, dab some on her little beak to help her. Call the breeder and let them know too, I don't know how to tactfully address them letting the kids run with box in hand though, I'm kind of blunt about things.
I really hope she is ok.

I asked them twice nicely to be careful with chicks. I am so sad. She has big red bubble thing at vent.

Oh no
hit.gif
.... I would be calling the breeder as soon as I could in the morning about this... at the least they should provide a replacement for you at no cost, and make sure nobody else handles the baby! I wouldn't let our two kids touch the chicks until 3 days old and even then it was open hands and sitting down... they are 2 weeks now so we are letting them hold and pet.
I just cannot imagine what the breeder was thinking letting that happen... I am so so sorry.

I asked them twice nicely to be careful with chicks. I am so sad. She has big red bubble thing at vent. Thank you for your help. The lady was very nice. Maybe she will replace her.

Back
Top Bottom