Would a silkie mix with silkie make this?

Jferlisi

i dont eat chicken!!!!
9 Years
Nov 2, 2010
Menifee CA
Hey everyone. So i bought two silkies from a lady, and she told me the "red one" was a cross but when i asked she never said with what. So i was wondering if it was with another silkie or with something else. She also sold me a black silkie and i forgot to ask if she was a mix also. Could anyone help me out here. Also maybe the age if its not to much trouble.
Red silkie.
IMG_3392.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

Black silkie.
IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

Oh and btw they both have 5 toes.

The red one is definitely a mix. I can see red colored comb and wattles on it. Mixed with what IDK
idunno.gif
The black one........I'm not a silkie expert. The coloring seems right, but something about the neck and carriage seems "off". I think close-up pictures of the heads and feet would help.

Ya i noticed that about the red one too. I will try to take some close ups later today but dont know for sure since i have a party today.

The first one looks like a roo, and black one looks like a hen. Just don't forget that is very hard to determine gender on Silkies until either the lay or crow. The first looks like a partridge colored Silkie mixed with a black or blue Hatchery quality Silkie. Both birds are at best just hatchery birds. That doesn't make them bad because they will still be nice chickens. You just may not want to show them. It is possible that they are mixed, but it would be very difficult to tell what the other part of the mix would be without DNA testing.

Quote:
Ya im not going to show them. I just wanted them cause they are fluffy. And i hope its not a roo or its being returned. I dont need a 3rd roo.

Back
Top Bottom