Would Anyone Support This?

This is a cool idea. My grandmother once told me that if they needed to hatch eggs for new chickens for the coop and they didn't have a broody that her Mom would wear the eggs in a pair of nylons around her stomach to keep them warm until they hatched. I thought that this was amazing but I am such a klutz there is no way that I could do this lol. Those poor eggs would get broken on the first day. Can't wait to hear how you do.

I edited my post. I didn't mean for it to sound like a personal attack. I'm sorry that it did.
Name calling is not necessary, my friend, and I forgive you.

We had a chick dig out of a compost pile. We assumed some hen laid the egg and then abandoned it. Not ideal conditions but it was enough.

Last edited:
Sounds like an interesting experiment. What will you do when showering? Also, (I'm not a woman, so excuse my ignorance) where will they be when you sleep? My wife doesn't like to sleep with a bra on. Hopefully I don't sound like a creep... just wondering. Good luck!

Haha neither do the women in my family, however I always have. *shrugs*

I made it through tonight fine and no danger of mushing them! So I'm taking it as a good sign.

For showering I thing I'll just wrap them in my clothes till I'm redressed. Hens DO get off about once a day to poop/eat so it shouldn't hurt them, if I don't take forever. plus the room should be hot,warm enough they don't loose heat too fast.

Last edited:
Egg's yolks have darkened (checked them briefly last night) and they were quite clear before. Good sign I hope! I'll post candling pictures once there is something to see.

Subscribed! Good luck Heta!!!!!!

loves-chocolate-51.gif

Thanks! :D

The eggs I have are growing! But what I'm going to do is switch the biggest one out and let my friend incubate it (they really wanted it -_-) in an incubator. I'll replace it with a smaller egg or eggs (comfortable bra!) So that one will be a few days behind but that's alright since that amount of difference will be about when I put the other eggs in the incubator for lock down.
(if they grow to lock down, i'll incubate them the rest of the way, since at that point everything goes wrong when it's done normally anyways.)

Huge green egg aside, that brown egg is doing well so we'll see. I won't be able to see any veining in it for a day or two yet though but it definitely is darker than it was when i put it in.

Surprisingly, none of this is noticeable. I think maybe wearing all these hoodies of mine may help keep temps up and stable.

Last edited:
Eggcellant news :D candled a few minutes ago and my brown egg has a forming chick! Looks right on track too! I had to turn it just right to see it but sure enough there was a dark spot and some veining around it. Exciting! I won't be able to check the newer additions until later but some shell is too thick and dark to see through Dx so I'll instead go by the egg I can see into. I can see any sir pockets yet though but I'm sure one will eventually form, these are very fresh eggs

*Subscribed*
caf.gif

This sounds so cool! I can't wait to see what happens. I have those "Ahh-Bras" as advertized on TV (lol), and it seems they'd be great for holding an egg in place. They're like extra thick and strong but flexible nylon.

Back
Top Bottom