Would it be horrible/illegal if I...

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
I live next to/behind a 50 acre field that hasnt been messed with in at least 3 years. The ticks are HORRIBLE! Would it be illegal or morally wrong if I hatched some guineas raised till they were old enough and let them loose back there to help with the tick problem? Its so bad you could walk even near it and come off with 3-4 ticks on you.

A friend had guinea and they spent all their time in the field and woods and were home at night and in the morning but spent most of their time foraging. They did very well but are a bit noisy. I didn't mind their chatter but I grew up on a hobby farm and she was a city girl.

Go for it ! Start a flock of "wild" guineas & let them multiply!! TOO COOL!!
thumbsup.gif

Umm guineas have a voracious appetite for creepy crawly ticks, among other things...I had some for 6 months last year, and now have no tick problems. My infestation was similar to yours, but on a smaller piece of land. I think you'd be doing a good thing by getting some to control the pest population if it's that bad. HAPPY HATCHING!!!
big_smile.png

Well Im going to do it!
big_smile.png

I have a friend who has a little girl that loved one of my hatching videos a lot. I think Ill set some eggs up to hatch for a weekend she can come out.

How long do you think it would take till they are grown enough to go out on their own?

I would think it would be hard to find fleas.. but I honestly dont know.
I heard planting lavender works for fleas. Im going to try that this year!

Back
Top Bottom