1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Would like some thoughts on breeds (Pic Heavy!)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Gunmama, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Gunmama

Gunmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    McLoud, OK
    We ordered chicks from McMurray Hatcherys. We ordered the Rainbow layer mix. I am thinking I have a few Silver Spangled Hamburgs. Any thoughts on the others?

1. The ones on top and middle left I think are the Silver Spangled Hamburgs.
    [​IMG]

2. The one on the right in this one is my fave!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. I have lost 2 like this one
    [​IMG]

4. another one with the one I am thinking is the Silver Spangle Hamburg
    [​IMG]

I know we may not be able to figure it out now. I would like an idea though :)

2. broodysilkies!?!

broodysilkies!?! Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2011
    North Florida
    your favorite one is definitely a Silver laced wyandotte. i just hatched 6 of them! They grow up to be BEAUTIFUL birds and extremely calm chickens!

3. chickenmaniac

chickenmaniac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    Arizona

their favorite one is Definetly Not a silver laced because a silver laced is black

4. chickenmaniac

chickenmaniac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    Arizona
    the black chick might be a black Austalorp and the others easter eggers (maybe)

5. SweetSilver

SweetSilver Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not an expert at all, but #3 looks like my "bonus" golden-penciled hamburg chick. But, I'm just guessing. I just love this forum. I'm a gardener by profession, though and would do better with pictures of plants and weeds.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  6. broodysilkies!?!

broodysilkies!?! Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2011
    North Florida
    I HATCHED FROM MY CHICKENS WHICH ARE 100% SILVER LACED WYANDOTTES AND THAT "MIKE TYSON TATOO" FACE AND THE STRIPE DOWN THE MIDDLE IS A SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE CHICKEN AND I AM POSITIVE.

THAT IS PICTURE 2 CHICK ON THE MIDDLE LEFT.

Silver laced wyandotte chicks can be from a darker gray to a lighter gray (which is that chick) and it is probably a boy because i have found the lighter chicks have been mainly boys.

google silver laced wyandotte chicks and you will see that in fact I DO know exactly what i am talking about!

Have a wonderful time with your chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by