Would these be a pair of Japanese bantams?

Momma2three

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
I really appreciate everyone's help in identifying these birds. My son is hoping to possibly use this pair for 4-H this year, but we are not sure of the breed, and if indeed they are both the same type of bird. LOL!

Sorry for the blurry pics. If they are Japanese, I'm guessing their legs are actually too long for quality show birds? Thanks in advance everyone.

Japs have really short legs, so they look like they're squatting most of the time.... I would think even a non-SQ Jap would have shorter legs than those. They have the right tail shape though... Hmmm... I'm definitely no help on this one!

But you have the birds, so maybe you should compare them to these here at FeatherSite and make a better judgment. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry//CGD/Japs/BRKJap.html

I really appreciate everyone's help in identifying these birds. My son is hoping to possibly use this pair for 4-H this year, but we are not sure of the breed, and if indeed they are both the same type of bird. LOL!

Sorry for the blurry pics. If they are Japanese, I'm guessing their legs are actually too long for quality show birds? Thanks in advance everyone.

These may have some Jap in them, but they are not full bloods, they are crossed with something. Not sure what.

Thanks to all who have responded. I think you all are right. Must've been cross-bred with another breed. I appreciate everyone's helpfulness!

Back
Top Bottom