Would this chain link be raccoon proof??

capebird

Songster
12 Years
Apr 13, 2011
Cape Cod
Anyone have any experience using this type of adjustable chain
link inserted through a hasp to prevent raccoons (or other predators)
from entering the coop/run??
Thanks

Picture-1.jpg

I use them all the time to fasten traps with I normally have a leatherman and a small adjustable wrench in my pockets
smile.png
I have not lost one yet
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, and you will need those tools because those clips are prone to getting jammed up. I use them, too. They are miserable to free up once they have been exposed to the elements for a while. The upside is that anything weaker than a human with metal tools at hand is not going to get them open.

Good luck.

Quote:
Yes, and you will need those tools because those clips are prone to getting jammed up. I use them, too. They are miserable to free up once they have been exposed to the elements for a while. The upside is that anything weaker than a human with metal tools at hand is not going to get them open.

Good luck.

THEY CAN BE PURCHASED MADE OF STAINLESS WHEN THEY ARE OPENED EVERY DAY THEY WORK A LOT BETTER THEN WHEN i FASTEN A TRAP CHAIN WITH ONE AND LEAVE IT IN THE DIRT ALL TRAPPING SEASON

I was told a long time back that if you want something raccoon proof... lock something up and let a 3-4 year old try to open it. If they can open it, a coon should be able to as well.

I have only tested that 2x on my locks but so far so good
tongue.png
The neighbors kids couldn't unlock it...so either I did good or I have some stupid coons/neighbor kids
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom