Would you buy an Insulated Chicken Waterer?

Would you buy a Insulated Chicken Waterer?

• Total voters

FriDoesFFA

Chirping
Jul 30, 2022
Previously I made a post, but after reviewing the comments you all mentioned, you didn't quite understand what a Yeti chicken waterer was. Which I totally understand, so let me explain it now.Its an Insulated Chicken Waterer. All you have to do Is Add Ice and it will keep your chickens' water cold all day because of the layer of styrofoam in the middle of 2 plastic shells. I did some research, and many people have to DIY their chicken waterers to keep the water from getting hot. So now I'm gauging interest to see If this product is worth pursuing and if it will help people and their Chickens.

If you have any questions or feel like commenting go ahead I love the feedback especially since chicken people know what would benefit their chicken :)

Personally, I wouldn't spend money on anything. I loaded up our freezer with bottles of water, and every couple of hours, I put a couple of frozen bottles in the bucket by the house and the 5-gallon nipple waterer in the coop. I can see if you were going to be gone all day and the ladies could suffer while you're away, it might make sense though!

I would not be interested. Vacuum is by far the best insulator so I went with vacuum sealed stainless steel buckets. The three quart ice buckets made for wine are just the right size for my flock. I find them at resale shops for about $5, sometimes $3. I like that they aren't plastic.

I'm far from the typical chicken owner as mostly found here.
I'm more old school chicken keeper then the newer mine are pets keepers. That makes what I find important different then others
I have lots of chickens so what works for small flocks usually wouldn't work for me.
I'm cheap so I don't go crazy for pricey stuff and even reasonably priced stuff can add up to too much when I'd need like 10Xs as many.
I like the idea but ya I most likely wouldn't buy one. Price wise I probably wouldn't be able to justify it as a real need for myself and especially if I thought man I need one of those in every breeder pen.
I'd probably just steal your idea and design and make something myself.

Now with all that being said and with my differences I come on here or see something somewhere and think to myself look what their charging for such and such and people are buying them, that's crazy.
Stuff that aren't really needed. Simple cheaply made overpriced (in my mind) stuff that people are scooping up.
If you just look there's already feeders and waterers that are upwards of $50 everywhere. Fancy looking ones closer to $80 or even more.
People buy that stuff everyday. If you have some money and just a small flock it's not hard to get a little crazy on them Sometimes.
And sometimes people are just crazy and buy crazy stuff. In today's world it seems if you make it they will buy it.
Maybe I'm crazy but I think they could sell. Make them functional and cute and there will be some that want them. Some strategic marketing or some social media pushing.
Just a couple months ago there were multiple posts daily about dealing with the heat and how to help the birds coup.
I say go for it.

I would buy neither.

Mites and other plagues love insulated coops where they are safe and out of reach for any kind of treatment.

And to keep the chickens' water fresh, cool and appetizing, I just change it more often if need be.

But I like your entrepreneural spirit and as long as people buy wastly overpriced plastic containers and call them fancy coops, you should be getting enough customers.

Last edited:
Personally, I wouldn't spend money on anything. I loaded up our freezer with bottles of water, and every couple of hours, I put a couple of frozen bottles in the bucket by the house and the 5-gallon nipple waterer in the coop. I can see if you were going to be gone all day and the ladies could suffer while you're away, it might make sense though!
I totally understand 😂 sometimes DIY is the best way honestly.Sometimes I have to make little contraptions for my my show hogs.Thank You for the amazing feedback

I would buy neither.

Mites and other plagues love insulated coops where they are safe and out of reach for any kind of treatment.

And to keep the chickens' water fresh, cool and appetizing, I just change it more often if need be.

But I like your entrepreneural spirit and as long as people buy wastly overpriced plastic containers and call them fancy coops, you should be getting enough customers.
I get ya that is a good point some people might not clean it maybe I can make it out of a different material.The reason I choose plastic is so I could try and keep the price down.But yes thank you for the feedback especially about the mites and plagues I really appreciate it 🤠

I would not be interested. Vacuum is by far the best insulator so I went with vacuum sealed stainless steel buckets. The three quart ice buckets made for wine are just the right size for my flock. I find them at resale shops for about $5, sometimes $3. I like that they aren't plastic.
I understand fully.After all it’s all about making our ladies and Roos happy so whatever gets the job done.But thank you for the comment about plastic I’ll definitely talk to my group and put that into consideration👍🏾

Back
Top Bottom