Would you buy an Insulated Chicken Waterer?

Would you buy a Insulated Chicken Waterer?

• Total voters
I think the market would be mainly for people with a small pet flock. I personally have too many to justify spending more than a few bucks on each pens water bowls. Plus I need to be able to use the water bows year round, which here is 100 - -30 from summer to winter

I'm far from the typical chicken owner as mostly found here.
I'm more old school chicken keeper then the newer mine are pets keepers. That makes what I find important different then others
I have lots of chickens so what works for small flocks usually wouldn't work for me.
I'm cheap so I don't go crazy for pricey stuff and even reasonably priced stuff can add up to too much when I'd need like 10Xs as many.
I like the idea but ya I most likely wouldn't buy one. Price wise I probably wouldn't be able to justify it as a real need for myself and especially if I thought man I need one of those in every breeder pen.
I'd probably just steal your idea and design and make something myself.

Now with all that being said and with my differences I come on here or see something somewhere and think to myself look what their charging for such and such and people are buying them, that's crazy.
Stuff that aren't really needed. Simple cheaply made overpriced (in my mind) stuff that people are scooping up.
If you just look there's already feeders and waterers that are upwards of $50 everywhere. Fancy looking ones closer to $80 or even more.
People buy that stuff everyday. If you have some money and just a small flock it's not hard to get a little crazy on them Sometimes.
And sometimes people are just crazy and buy crazy stuff. In today's world it seems if you make it they will buy it.
Maybe I'm crazy but I think they could sell. Make them functional and cute and there will be some that want them. Some strategic marketing or some social media pushing.
Just a couple months ago there were multiple posts daily about dealing with the heat and how to help the birds coup.
I say go for it.
Thank you for the reply I understand that you could definitely just steal my idea but a lot of people are lazy😭Another thing id that some people have attempted a DIY version of this by getting a 5 gallon bucket and adding chicken nipples to it also I think someone commented about that earlier aswell.50-80 dollars for a waterer is CRAZYYYY I remember when I first started selling my eggs and making a profit.I bought a big ol 3 gallon waterer for my chickens From tractor supply and it was like $50 boy did that hurt my pockets 😂 but once again thanks for the amazing comment I’m walking to 2nd period so I’ll see y’all later

I think the market would be mainly for people with a small pet flock. I personally have too many to justify spending more than a few bucks on each pens water bowls. Plus I need to be able to use the water bows year round, which here is 100 - -30 from summer to winter
I totally understand yeah small flocks would be my target because around my area people have their own chickens ranging from 3-12 hens.Thank you for the Feedback 🥹

I recently got a waterer from the Chicken Coop Company. It has this straightforward mechanism, and I find myself refilling it just once every two days. It's very convenient, and I don't see any need to get a waterer that can keep water cold.

CW.jpg

I managed to snag it for $90 using the code M80UAZXA. Check DontPayFull to find more deals and discounts there.

An insulated waterer might be of interest to someone who doesn't change out the water everyday. I, however, voted no as large rubber feed pans changed everyday work best for us. In the summer, I can drop an ice block in them each morning to keep the water cooler and in the winter it is easy to clear out the ice by flexing the pan. Good luck if you decide to pursue this though!

$90??? really? for a pvc pipe and less than $15 worth of horizontal nipples

Actually, they were about $6, I think, two or three years ago. And I haven't looked at pvc pipe prices in a long time. And I'm sure there is at least a hose fitting into the pvc pipe.... Maybe I just haven't noticed the inflation as much as I thought I have.

$90??? really? for a pvc pipe and less than $15 worth of horizontal nipples

Actually, they were about $6, I think, two or three years ago. And I haven't looked at pvc pipe prices in a long time. And I'm sure there is at least a hose fitting into the pvc pipe.... Maybe I just haven't noticed the inflation as much as I thought I have.
That was kind of my thought for the OP.
If you build it, they will come. Some people will buy anything.
If his product looked decent and seemed to have a function some out there will think they need it.

You were right the first time. There wouldn't have to be much expense in that pvc waterer. I made a system a while back. Bought the nipples and fittings off of Amazon for very reasonable then the pipe from local hardware store. I SMH @$90

Back
Top Bottom