Would you buy my Mosaics?

I bought chicks from a breeder once who specifically mentioned on their website that if we decide to sell chicks or eggs from the chicks they sold us, that we are not allowed to mention that they came from their farm because that could damage their reputation if say, we sell poor health chicks or they don't grow up to be a certain quality etc.

So def look into that, you may not be allowed to mention where you got your breeding flock from.

I bought chicks from a breeder once who specifically mentioned on their website that if we decide to sell chicks or eggs from the chicks they sold us, that we are not allowed to mention that they came from their farm because that could damage their reputation if say, we sell poor health chicks or they don't grow up to be a certain quality etc.

So def look into that, you may not be allowed to mention where you got your breeding flock from.

That sure doesn't make any sense to me. You would simply be staeting a fact and the truth. I don't understand how anyone can (or should) stop you from saying I got my stock from so-and-so as long as that is true.

That sure doesn't make any sense to me. You would simply be staeting a fact and the truth. I don't understand how anyone can (or should) stop you from saying I got my stock from so-and-so as long as that is true.

I think it has to do with reputation. I mean they could have gone the extra mile and just not let you sell them period by using legal matters.

But I think what led that breeder to do that was because people in the past were advertising them that they got the chicks from them, and they never got to the size they advertised and came and asked the original breeder instead of the person they got em from. Quality also has to do with how the parent stock is taken care of not just if they came from a certain breeder.

Big ordeal, that it made that breeder just say no to everything.

Because they are beautiful and that is my passion!

Are you looking to buy eggs to hatch and sell the chicks or set up a full scale breeding project?

There are sometimes areas that it can be a legal issue. I've never heard of it with chickens but Glofish for example is a brand in the freshwater fish world. They have found a way to genetically modify fish and sell them in neon colors. If you breed these fish they will breed true to their neon colors. Glofish has their fish trademarked and protected legally. You can only buy them from Glofish licensed retailers and you are legally not allowed to breed them or the company can come after you for damages. Now a random person who has their fish breed in their tank and doesn't sell them likely isn't going to be an issue but if someone tries to ride on their coat tails selling Glofish they bred the company will sue them.

Not sure, how big is full scale?

Well for a breeding set up you'd need them to be separate from the rest of your flock (especially if you have other roos). Like we are setting up a Ayam Cemani breeding group this spring, we are having a 100% separate coop from my main laying flock. That way all of the eggs will be 100% Ayam Cemani without any risk of getting a "barnyard mix" thrown in there. Then to really make money doing it you'll want to be certified so you can ship eggs and chicks. From what I've seen most people sell eggs more than anything because its easier. Once you get to chicks people usually are wanting specifically hens and selling as straight runs you'll get significantly less money.

Just food for thought.

How many eggs do Mosiacs lay and how fast do the chicken mature. Also how do they taste and how big do they grow? You might be better off selling Bresse chicks instead. You can always eat the birds you don't sell.......................

I raise chickens for meat and eggs, not for looks.

Back
Top Bottom