would you keep this job

Go to the labor dept and file a complaint NOW. I recently quit a job for what I thought was a better paying one. I was told I would be held back for 2 weeks meaning that I had to be there a month. Then I got paid a week late. Check bounced like a super ball. 5 weeks prevailing wage of $37 and hour + time and a half over 40 and worked 70 hours a week. + driving 73 miles one way to work. That has been 4 months ago and still don't have my money. Labor Dept. said I should of come sooner. Why did you wait so long? Now they want me to think its my fault. Go now, don't wait till the week is over.

No, I would not no matter how nice the person seems. Now, if you are getting paid and have a nice boss who pitches in...that's a job I grab onto with teeth and chomp down.

If it were me, I would ask ONE MORE TIME about getting paid (in writing - leave her a nice letter - to be used as documentation when you file your complaint). She would have to give me a day and time (within the next 2 - 3 days). If she does not keep her word and pay, then I would quit and contact the local Dept of Labor/Workforce Commisssion or whatever it is called in your state.

Quote:
x2

Paying in cash makes me think that she did not hire you "on the books," and therefore is not paying taxes, fica, unemployment, etc. Have you ever asked or been told what the pay schedule is (dates and frequency)?

Some employers pay in arrears, meaning that you are only paid after you have worked. Others pay upfront, meaning that you are paid and then work the hours. Depending on the size of the company, doing payroll can take awhile (much less with computerized systems), so sometimes at startup you can go for awhile without an initial paycheck, but all of that should have been explained when you were filling out paperwork for the job.

x3

And if she is being dishonest to you, it is in her best interest to be nice. If she were mean you'd be gone already. Some people can use kindness as a weapon; con-men do it all the time. Remember, bottom line, you're there for the pay check.

Even if she is honest and just having some glitches or something, I would think it would be better to recieve a regular, lower check than an unreliable, larger check. If she's doing it now, what's to stop her from doing it again? And again? JMHO.

she said she did payroll so there had better be a check today before i even start my shift. If not well i do have a life and since its hubs payday i have grocery shopping to do anyway all things i can get out of my way if i wasnt at work. see how it goes wish me luck.

fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom