Would you let the economy play a role in deciding to have another baby

We're pregnant with #4 - quite a surprise. I had already given/sold most of the baby stuff when my youngest was done with it, (fortunately I did save baby clothes, maternity clothes and cloth diapers!) Not long after I found out I was pregnant, I put out the word to a lot of friends that I was looking for basic baby stuff: crib, carseat, etc and I was surprised by how quickly people offered what I needed!

Between cloth diapering, breastfeeding and the hand-me-downs given by friends - we should be able to make this work even in tough times. I say go for it!

If I had let finances deter me, I wouldn't have my youngest daughter. She's the best and I'm so glad I have her.

And I didn't want my son to not have a sibling. At least 1.

:cafGood Morning ya'll
I really enjoy all the thoughts and comments that you have left for me.I guess it is one of those things that will happen now when the time comes for it to happen.
thumbsup.gif
I guess they only other thing is having to get all new baby stuff,but that isn't really that bad of a thing BC that means I get to go to yard sales when the time comes.
yippiechickie.gif

baby stuff - I had to buy most things, and we're unemployed... it's do-able. second hand shops, ebay, freecycle...
just never go second hand for the car seat or the cot mattress!

The general economy? Heck no. My specific economic situation? Of course. There's no way I could afford another baby, and I wouldn't want to have one unless I could afford it. (And my economic situation isn't bad because of the economy. It's daycare that I can't afford)

World, even National Economy does effect us but on different levels. It's your personal finances that should play the major role in the financial part of this decision IMO. If you can afford another baby... not only having one but the next 18 years of diapers, food, insurance, etc etc etc then by all means get to work... but if you KNOW you cannot then don't (*cough* Sis *cough*).

Sounds like you guys are set up well enough to expand to me, so if you decide to Best Best Best of Luck and keep us posted on when to send Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom