wow. $15 each for Coturnix Quail.

Quote:
Wow....... I'm amazed at the high prices some will pay for a quail. This always catches my eye, and have been tryin to somewhat associate the prices with region, but it doesn't seem "regional".

Coturnix hens sell for around £5 each here (UK currency), not sure what that is in terms of other currencies...I've only found one place that sells Bobwhites and they were £25 for a pair, £10 each for a cock or £15 each for a hen....don't think I will be paying for them when the Coturnix are a lot easier to keep and a lot less expensive...
big_smile.png

Yeah that's what I am after. Someone locally was telling me I was selling my buttons too cheap! I was like nawwww...it's fine
smile.png
The coturnix, I lowered their prices but I really emphasize on hatching eggs anyways
smile.png

With the feed prices continously going up time & effort seems we are all selling to cheap there's no profit. I've gone up on mine but still only paying for the feed there really should be a profit made.JMO.

I have a lady coming Monday to pick 5 coturnix HENS.. Well 3 week olds so her kids can bond with them. No biggy. But she asked me the pricing with a bag of feed. If I sell chicks for $1.50 each and they are 3 weeks old that is about what $4.50 each by 3 weeks and they are females after all so they will be laying eggs and all. Would make sense to charge that at this point but then for a bag of feed if 50 pounds cost $16.00 then that's about $3 a pound...I sure wish money grows on trees...

Quote:
An adult coturnix eats 1-1 1/2 ounces of feed per day. With the price I pay for my feed it averages out to $.75 to feed 1 bird for 6 weeks.

ETA: This is for pharaoh-sized (small) coturnix, jumbos eat almost twice that much.

Last edited:
Quote:
if you will put you a couple of layers of bird netting from lowe's around your pen, the netting will trap the snakes before they get in, i,ve caught 6 in the last 7 weeks. put this also on the hangers or legs of you pens.

Back
Top Bottom