wow central ny irene devastation :edit 2 photos areas hit

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mikensara, Aug 29, 2011.

1. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    we were relatively unscathed. minor property flooding the chickens coop took on some water but weathered the storm better than I had expected. I bought 15 unhappy chickens in and placed them in a closet at the peak of irenes impact between 10am and 3 pm. We moved them back out this morning after the coop had been cleaned and its drying out. Their run is a bit muddy yet but hopefully later today it will dry out more and i can let them out.

Is there any members in schoharie county? We know its still a state of emergency there with middleburgh /blenheim gilboa area have been hit hard and devastated with the dam breach at gilboa. Cobleskill and schoharie were flooded as well. My heart goes out to those who were evacuated and are trying to care for their animals and salvage what they can of their homes.

[​IMG] Town of cobleskill

[​IMG] looking toward town of middleburgh

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    WOW!

[​IMG]

Rusty

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Wow, the weather extremes have been terrible.

4. My brother lives in Brooklyn, NY!!! He left his apartment because it was so close to the evacuation zone... We talked to him the other night. He was alright. He had enough sense to take some food and water with him. He was at a bus stop when we talked to him. Hopefully he made it to his dad's place in PA.

5. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    [​IMG]

Do you have any before pictures of #2?

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    WOW! INCREDIBLE! Glad you and the fam are OK!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by