• Normal

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

TheRealTimShady

Crowing
12 Years
May 23, 2011
Apollo, PA
I don't know much about chicken ages, how fast they grow, combs/waddles stuff like that. I mainly raised quails. Well i hatched my first chicks 3 weeks ago, black frizzle bantam cochins. Anyway. i got one male, its quite obvious, and his comb is growing in HUGE. is this normal at 3 weeks of age?

note: this is the one of the 4 birds that isn't a frizzle lol.

Last edited:
Wow! That guy's going to be something! I looked at my rooster pictures, and ours were about 3 weeks behind him in comb development. I don't know how much that differs with each breed. Curious to see what kind of answers you get.

I have 35 Freedom Rangers...straight run that turned 3 weeks old yesterday. I'd say that some of them have combs around that size. I'll try to get a photo of one of the ones I'm pretty sure is a male and post it.

It is rather obvious for a 3 week old but I wouldn't say it's abnormal, some just develop quicker than others, if only they all did that then we would have no doubts over our roos and hens at 3 weeks! he's going to be a stunner that's for sure, I would love to see some pics when he is fully grown
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom