WOW Huge egg

encorepistol

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
MO
Went out today feeding and watering and gathering what eggs are laid and couldn't believe the size of this egg one of my Ameraucanas laid. It's at least as big as a turkey egg and even a shade of blue compared to some of the greener shade of eggs I've been getting.
26015_dsc_0260_small.jpg

There are 2 brown wyandotte eggs an ameraucana egg and a bantam cochin in the pic to compare.

looks like a good double yolker...mine gave me about 3 when she first started laying. =0)

ya probably is a double yolker I've had several of those just never this big! Ill be cracking it open this evening mm mm mm!

Here is my HUGE egg for today....
40608_eggs_end.jpg

40608_big_egg.jpg

My son went out this morning and came in with his hands full. He found this huge egg with three other normal sized ones out of our girls. The pictures are of the biggee, a normal and a pullet egg our of Australorp who just started laying this week.
THEN we got 6 out of 6 for the first time. We obviously have good winter layers, they didn't lay for beans in the summer or fall, but now we have more eggs than we know what to do with. But that is just fine with me.

Quote:
I totally agree! Here is a pic of our giant egg from our EE laid yesterday! Poor thing it was her second egg. The first one is to the left of the giant. Olive and spotted!? Really cool looking eggs! The others are the eggs we got today from our other EE on the far left, barred rock on the right of the giant and a buff orp egg on the far right. Strange day for big eggs lol.

42828_dscn1594.jpg

ETA Our EE took a day off yesterday and then laid another giant egg the same size as her first big one. Poor girl lol. She must just lay big eggs for the time being.

Last edited:
Yah! Big eggs! Congrats! Here's mine from like a week or so ago.

That's a quarter next to that egg. I weighed 3.6 oz. I had to put it in a bowl because it wouldn't fit in the carton.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom