WOW!! I just did a final head count and.......

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SilverStar, Oct 20, 2009.

1. SilverStar

SilverStar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    california
    I have 60 chickens. [​IMG] WOW!! I did not realize i was up to that many LOL!! I just had a very sucsessful hatch a few weeks ago wich brought my count up to 60. Who knows how many roos are in that bunch [​IMG]. I already have 10 roos so i will not be able to keep all the new little babies plus 60 is just way too many. I believe i already have a few takers on some of the baby chicks so that awsome!. Sigh...., if only i could keep them all

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Better you than me! I'm having trouble keeping up with my 14.

3. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    You're not supposed to count!! [​IMG]

Is it bad that I don't know how many I have? [​IMG] I just know them all by sight and name and I know if one is missing, but I'm scared to count [​IMG]

And guineas, oh sheesh, I'm REALLY scared to count them [​IMG]

4. SilverStar

May 4, 2009
    california
    I never really botherd counting the exact amount of chickens i have until i noticed my feed bill was up quite drasticly . Then with my recent hatch, i figured i would see just how many chickens i really have LOL!!!

5. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Yep Yep when you add them all together it gets scary. I keep telling the hubby of what I want to hatch next spring and he just [​IMG] and says okay as far as I can tell we have less than 100 so we are good lol

6. SilverStar

May 4, 2009
    california
    Awsome! And it Sounds like you have a very understanding hubby!! [​IMG]

7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

What is funny is you sell off some of the extras and it looks like you never sold a one!! [​IMG]

8. GwenReaper

GwenReaper Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Right now I have 15, but it doesnt keep me from looking for new ones. They are just so theraputic! Nothing better than having a rough day and coming home to my 15 chickens and my duck! They are all so funny, they help me salvage my day. My DH said that we are getting to our limit since we are in the city... but he is now talking about getting some more sebrights. So I take that as a invite to get more chickens... right?!? [​IMG]

9. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Quote:LOL it is your RESPONSIBILITY to help your husband get his sebrights!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I don't count - I don't wanna know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by