Wow, some Craigslist 'mods' can be quite cruel.

your reply was much kinder than mine would have been.

Good for you for looking into recyclables, most normal people would rather go that route rather than to spend money on new when money is so tight.
you are to be commended not criticized.

I'm sorry he was so rude to you and your reply was great, much nicer than it could have been. I'm sorry to hear that both you and your husband are out of work, I was laid off late March and have yet to find a new job. People like this guy who probably have jobs just don't get how hard it is to find a good job in this economy.

Actually, he's probably some stupid kid living in his parent's basement, not working, and not looking, that has no idea what it's like to be out of work, have to pay a mortgage and all that goes along with it, and have young children on top of it!

I'm a strong believer in karma, so I'm sure he'll get what's coming to him.

I would also have given you (or someone else in your situation) our leftover paint, if you lived closer to me.
sad.png

I wouldn't have replied, myself. DELETE DELETE DELETE

People like that can't wait to hear from you and know they've bothered you. It excites them to know they've hurt you or made you angry (yup, some people are just sick in the head like that).

"Don't feed the trolls" is a pretty good motto to live by.

hugs.gif
Sorry you had someone do that to you, though.
hugs.gif

I am sorry you got such a hateful reply........Craigslist doesnt have mod's , just bored mean people...... I usually reply with an email filled with scripture about kindness and such......shuts them up most of the time......or I totally ignore them......usually very effective..... keep posting,report ugly emails too !

I doubt its a CL mod...sounds more like a troll. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

They go nuts with the flagging. I live in Waco. Dallas is 105 miles, Austin is 105 miles. I needed a specialty part for my car. So I posted in the Dallas, then the Austin Craigs List...I got chewed out for "spamming." There's over 200 miles between 2 major metropolitan cities for a measly $110 car part that might be kicking around someone's yard. Geez.

and the thing is... you never know who is on the other end of the email... for all you know it was a 12 year old who is out of school and bored.....

i liked your ad! my hubby is out of work and we are having the best time EVER... and getting a ton of projects done around the house. b/c we planned for it - and raise a lot of our own food - we are in a great position. my point is that if this is the same for you - whoever wrote that email cant imagine someone who was ready for the 'bad' news.... makes me think they arent' very wise...

i've heard other people say they've gotten mean emails from CL ads... give them the big WHATever and move on with your happy time!

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom