Wrath's Marans

A few days ago I took the wind breaks down for the summer and immediately the boys took that opportunity to start squaring off thru the hc. So I needed to get the secondary fence up at least half way janky to stop that. The run is new and not quite finished but here's a few pics of the secondary. I highly recommend this approach if you have multi-roos that can't co-exist or having separate flocks.
IMG_20240525_112126.jpg
IMG_20240525_112144.jpg
IMG_20240525_112159.jpg

The experts are telling me that Kong being over colored in his chest x Betty being all black should throw correct colored progeny, but I get these 3 girls with no boys.

You have to hatch a lot of chicks for percentages to show. Also I learned if I want boys, I get girls. 🤣

I believe this is called mottling but I'm no expert.
I *think* what you are seeing is referred to as "mossy". It can change as they grow.

I like your set up for your birds and enjoyed the photos. Looks great!

You have to hatch a lot of chicks for percentages to show. Also I learned if I want boys, I get girls. 🤣
Yes, you are right about that. 🤣 And that seems to be the way it's going. I got Prince and 3 girls... I did get 3 boys with Raven, Angel and Copper but they were OEs. And then just got 2 boys/8 girls but wanted more boys.

Watch me get 18 boys this time...🤣
I *think* what you are seeing is referred to as "mossy". It can change as they grow.
Correct again, not sure why I got that confused. 👍
I like your set up for your birds and enjoyed the photos. Looks great!
Thank you ♥️

Back
Top Bottom