Wrinkled egg

Brem1234

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2022
I have been treating my easter egger for 5 days for bumble foot. Yesterday she laid this egg. Not sure if it is the Epsom salt bath, the topical antibiotic. She is eating, pooping and acting normal. It is as wrinkled as a walnut.

Attachments

• 20230129_155813.jpg
    20230129_155813.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 16
I have been treating my easter egger for 5 days for bumble foot. Yesterday she laid this egg. Not sure if it is the Epsom salt bath, the topical antibiotic. She is eating, pooping and acting normal. It is as wrinkled as a walnut.
Interesting. Possibly a lash egg... I would recommend seeing what is inside otherwise i probbably couldn't tell! If you have a vet near you that takes chickens you could always ask them. Always is a chance it was just an odd egg, it is hard to tell on the photo. I hope you figure it out!

Absent any symptoms of a respiratory illness (bubbly eyes, consgested breathing) this is a temporary anomaly caused by stress. It she continues to lay such eggs, it would be more of a concern, and you'd want to investigate further what might be causing her stress.

Back
Top Bottom