Amer

Advocate of Shiloh
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 8, 2017
Wisconsin
My Coop
My Coop
This is like Art School made by @Fanci Feathers Marans, but the opposite!
Cuz lotsa people here are skilled at writing, or have multiple talents. :)
Instead of her making a weekly prompt where you draw what is written, you will write what is drawn. I will post an illustration and then everyone can write a story that could lead up to the scene in the illustration. It doesn't have to be a complete story, just a small part of a whole, like a scene in a play. Use as much detail as you can. Expect others to try to help you with your work because they are trying to be helpful. Put it in spoilers to not take up the whole page because if you look at someone's ideas, you lose all your own ideas, same for other people. They can read your awesome work after they are done.
Also, feel free to make your own prompts by putting artwork here, or you can just put up what you are working here.
NO PLAGIARISM GUYS WE JUST WANT TO READ AND WRITE STORIES OK? :p
Here is an example.
@AMERAUCANAS4REAL
Ok, here's the weekly prompt...
His name be Odysseus.
View attachment 1536027
Odysseus paded slowly through the cave, to find the stones. For a long time, the only sounds were the quiet sound of his paws padding along and the dripping of the ceiling. And the slow beating of his failing heart. The constant dripping was monotonous, adding to the dank feel of the cave, dark claustrophobic. A strange smell drifted into his nose. It triggered a little asthma, and he wheezed. The gas smelled metallic and harsh. The cave was totally black, impossible even for a Kentari to see in, not that his eyes, mostly ruined by the poisonous gasses of the crystal, would have given any succor to him. His other senses gave him a good deal of guidance. Still, miraculously, his poor eyesight detected a faint light in the distant caves beyond, and his nose and eyes streamed. He gathered some glowing crystals, most of them pale yellow-green. He carefully held them in his mouth, the taste of them repulsive, however, these crystals held the power to heal deep wounds. He picked his way through an impossible labyrinth and found himself near the surface. He spat the crystals on the ground in a little cave just inside the tunnel a den of sorts, before stepping out into the light that faintly poured in, onto an outcropping. It was nightime, once again he had forgotten the time between the night before and now.
He lifted his pale, ripped wings reverently.
No one ever seemed to come to his little cave. Crystals hung around his neck, glowing dimly, like the stars above. He felt alone.
Alone in a sky full of stars.
@Randomperson04
Oh he's a cool guy and this is an awesome thread! Let's see what I can do.
@AMERAUCANAS4REAL
Oh he's a cool guy and this is an awesome thread! Let's see what I can do.
:clap
This story is really neat and cool. I think I see some changes you could make though. You could use more exciting word choices instead of "jumped" and "cool." Also, I disagree with the choice of using an interjection at the end. It also seemed to change point of view that way.

@Randomperson04
This story is really neat and cool. I think I see some changes you could make though. You could use more exciting word choices instead of "jumped" and "cool." Also, I disagree with the choice of using an interjection at the end very much. It also seemed to change point of view that way.

Thank you! I'll think about taking your advice!
I also noticed in your story that at the beginning, you wrote "paded" instead of padded at the beginning.

@AMERAUCANAS4REAL
Thank you! I also noticed in your story that at the beginning, you wrote "paded" instead of padded at the beginning.
Oh yeah I'll change that! :D

Well everybody I hope this thread doesn't die like all my role plays!:D

Attachments

• 1536278256426.png
    1536278256426.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Neato!
I moved my story here.
Odysseus padded slowly through the cave, to find the stones. For a long time, the only sounds were the quiet sound of his paws padding along and the dripping of the ceiling. And the slow beating of his failing heart. The constant dripping was monotonous, adding to the dank feel of the cave, dark claustrophobic. A strange smell drifted into his nose. It triggered a little asthma, and he wheezed. The gas smelled metallic and harsh. The cave was totally black, impossible even for a Kentari to see in, not that his eyes, mostly ruined by the poisonous gasses of the crystal, would have given any succor to him. His other senses gave him a good deal of guidance. Still, miraculously, his poor eyesight detected a faint light in the distant caves beyond, and his nose and eyes streamed. He gathered some glowing crystals, most of them pale yellow-green. He carefully held them in his mouth, the taste of them repulsive, however, these crystals held the power to heal deep wounds. He picked his way through an impossible labyrinth and found himself near the surface. He spat the crystals on the ground in a little cave just inside the tunnel a den of sorts, before stepping out into the light that faintly poured in, onto an outcropping. It was nightime, once again he had forgotten the time between the night before and now.
He lifted his pale, ripped wings reverently.
No one ever seemed to come to his little cave. Crystals hung around his neck, glowing dimly, like the stars above. He felt alone.
Alone in a sky full of stars.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom