Writing School

Pics
Hmm. I has idea.

My favorite part of writing is actually the characters, so maybe one person could give a description/drawing of a character, and others could provide their personalities and vice versa.
I have a few chars I bought that I just can't get attached to (probably because I can't role play them) so they need some life put in them. Anyone?
I think that's a pretty cool idea and would be fun to do.

Let's start with these two that I bought and still haven't done anything with. They can be a duo, or individual entities.
029b6f4248f8911ca97c601ade956b00-dckxyyw (1).png
ponies_mlp_aesthetic_adoptable__closed__by_cynthiacatstudios-dclerxt~2.png

This weeks prompt isn't an image, cause no one did last weeks drawing, so I guess they can do it this week if they want.
It's weather. Storms, hurricanes, sea squalls, fair weather, extreme desert heat, dust, blizzards, monsoons, tornadoes, tsunamis floods, hail, rainbows, droughts. Preferably weather you experienced, because to people living in warmer climates a blizzard may sound really bad but it isn't. It's really fun with deadly wind blowing ice shards in your face while you pretend you are in Antarctica, surviving a blizzard or windstorm (because there isn't actually much precipitation there) by shoving your face in a hollow in a snow drift to protect it from the wind. (Warmer than you think.) Or driving over perilous roads.
However, maybe you want to imagine what it's like in the Alps or India or the Gobi desert.
This will help you really imagine those things. https://www.dictionary.com/e/s/10-weather-words-you-need-to-know/?param=HP#amazing-weather-words
Maybe you should include one of those words.
A lot of people would write about humans, however, I think animals would be interesting. How does that little bird feel in a hurricane?
I'm going to write two stories.
This isn't long, just something I whipped up quickly, it's late and I need to get to bed)
Darkness. Lightning. Thunder. Pelting rain.
The elements were acting as though they wished Regan to fail in her quest, to loose herself to the endless fog and roar of the falling water.
Truthfully, she could be flying in totally the wrong direction, hurling herself towards unknown dangers, or nothing at all. But, what was she if she didn't try? She would be nothing. A coward. The crow who wouldn't try to save her brother-- and her flock.
The rain had begun to slip under her feathers, causing her to shiver and waver in her flight, chilling her to her hollow bones.
Trees twisted into the air, signalling that she was flying slightly lower, trying to find her bearings.
Ancient ruins of the wingless two-legs were nuzzled between the trees, made of stone and falling apart. Now the wing lacking two-legs nested themselves in great metal jungles they made.
Regan began to beat her wings harder to stay high up, and not to collide into the trees or ruins, she squinted her eyes against the rain and wind, scanning the ground that she could hardly see.
There! Relief raced through her. She had not became lost in the wild of the storm! She folded her wings slick against her side and spiraled downward. Alighting down on the ground, she hopped inside the cave that was set at the base of a cliff. It was almost impossible to see inside, but she managed to see the outline of the herb she had came for.
She scrambled to rip it up, and tumbled backwards as she fell back, the herb successfully pulled up.
As she turned back, she could see the storm was clearing, and decided to rest until it had dissipated. It would take her some days to get back to her sick flock, and she needed her strength.
Once the storm was gone, she set off, gripping the herb.

Last edited:
This isn't long, just something I whipped up quickly, it's late and I need to get to bed)
Darkness. Lightning. Thunder. Pelting rain.
The elements were acting as though they wished Regan to fail in her quest, to loose herself to the endless fog and roar of the falling water.
Truthfully, she could be flying in totally the wrong direction, hurling herself towards unknown dangers, or nothing at all. But, what was she if she didn't try? She would be nothing. A coward. The crow who wouldn't try to save her brother-- and her flock.
The rain had begun to slip under her feathers, causing her to shiver and waver in her flight, chilling her to her hollow bones.
Trees twisted into the air, signalling that she was flying slightly lower, trying to find her bearings.
Ancient ruins of the wingless two-legs were nuzzled between the trees, made of stone and falling apart. Now the two-legs nested themselves in great metal jungles they made.
Regan began to beat her wings harder to stay high up, and not to collide into the trees or ruins, she squinted her eyes against the rain and wind, scanning the ground that she could hardly see.
There! Relief raced through her. She had not became lost in the wild of the storm! She folded her wings slick against her side and spiraled downward. Alighting down on the ground, she hopped inside the cave that was set at the base of a cliff. It was almost impossible to see inside, but she managed to see the outline of the herb she had came for.
She scrambled to rip it up, and tumbled backwards as she fell back, the herb successfully pulled up.
As she turned back, she could see the storm was clearing, and decided to rest until it had dissipated. It would take her some days to get back to her sick flock, and she needed her strength.
Once the storm was gone, she set off, gripping the herb.
Good job! What was your inspiration for writing this? I'd also like to know why you chose to call humans two-legs when birds have two feet also. Much bird. Is there rain?
I made these guys from an editable lineart on Chicken Smoothie (ever heard of it???)
Can you help me think of names for them??? And maybe help me develop personalities etc ?
View attachment 1554472
Are these adopts? If so, I like it better when they have pre-packaged personalities. Seems easier to get attached to them. I'll try and come up with some. As for names, try the "fantasy name generator." I've used it quite a bit and it's pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom