Wrong Egg Song!

Scissors65

Songster
May 8, 2019
Palmetto, Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I'd like to Introduce Scarlet. My mixed up pullet!

My two leghorns have been laying since week 18. My two New Hampshire are now 22.5 weeks and have not started laying yet, nor do I think they are near ready.
But.....
This little lady sings the Egg Song!
Every time my leghorns go into the coop to lay, she stands in the run and sings an egg laying song....REALLY LOUD!
My leghorns don't sing the song at all! They go in, quietly lay their eggs without a peep.

Does anyone else out there have a mixed up pullet like Scarlet?

scarlet.jpg

I'd like to Introduce Scarlet. My mixed up pullet!

My two leghorns have been laying since week 18. My two New Hampshire are now 22.5 weeks and have not started laying yet, nor do I think they are near ready.
But.....
This little lady sings the Egg Song!
Every time my leghorns go into the coop to lay, she stands in the run and sings an egg laying song....REALLY LOUD!
My leghorns don't sing the song at all! They go in, quietly lay their eggs without a peep.

Does anyone else out there have a mixed up pullet like Scarlet?

View attachment 1900981
Sounds like she is practising for the big day... All my 47 chickens can be heard though put the yard singing, even the five 2month old chicks we have

Sounds like she is practising for the big day... All my 47 chickens can be heard though put the yard singing, even the five 2month old chicks we have
Interesting that your 2 month old chicks do this! It's funny how instinct kicks in, because Scarlet has never heard the leghorns sing it...but she knows the song! Thanks for your reply!

Back
Top Bottom