Wry neck S.O.S.

Ugh I feel all your pain. From the flock integration dynamics to the wry neck. I love my flock but this year has been so challenging.
Does your girl actually eat the whole E capsule? I have been cracking on into her food but maybe this is better route? Just not sure if she would go for it. she can eat on her own once I show her the food and kinda help her "untwist" a bit. It isn't easy :( and as far as water, I don't see her drink a lot so I put water in her feed to create the mash. Someone somewhere said that is way to up her hydration. Since we are at work, if I leave full waterer with her shewill eventually flail about and knock it over and then she is just in her own poop and a wet puppy pad and i hate that so much. i just wish i knew when to know when. I don't know if this is sustainable quality of life for her and for us. i don't want to prolong something that is just a state of limbo for her. :(
I have the same thoughts. We have a camping trip coming up that I will likely cancel in order to take care of her. I have a cup waterer that attaches to the crate, so she doesn’t make a mess with it. And a feeder that she has to stick her head in, so that might be actually helping her. I was hesitant about giving the whole vitamin E pill, especially since she’s young and small and the gelcaps seem big, but it was super easy, with my husband holding her. There’s a few videos on how to do it. I’ll see if I can post one I found helpful.

I have the same thoughts. We have a camping trip coming up that I will likely cancel in order to take care of her. I have a cup waterer that attaches to the crate, so she doesn’t make a mess with it. And a feeder that she has to stick her head in, so that might be actually helping her. I was hesitant about giving the whole vitamin E pill, especially since she’s young and small and the gelcaps seem big, but it was super easy, with my husband holding her. There’s a few videos on how to do it. I’ll see if I can post one I found helpful.
wow thank you! i am def nervous because i most likely will be doing it solo ... eek. ill def give it a go tho! anything is worth a shot at this point.

How is your girl doing? Mine unfortunately passed yesterday. Quick decline. Very sad. Hope yours is doing better.
Oh no i am so so so sorry. Sending big hugs. You did your best and she knew love. THat is all we can ask for at the end of the day. Doesnt make the sting any less. :( My girl is still the same. I joined a special needs cross beak group on Facebook so I have switched up some of her routine. We will see :( It is so hard. :(

Oh no i am so so so sorry. Sending big hugs. You did your best and she knew love. THat is all we can ask for at the end of the day. Doesnt make the sting any less. :( My girl is still the same. I joined a special needs cross beak group on Facebook so I have switched up some of her routine. We will see :( It is so hard. :(
Thanks. Yeah, its hard. Now I'm half expecting to lose the other (last) one from her bunch. Who knows. Best luck with your girl. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her.

Hello I have duck with the same
Issue where do you get selenium from? I have vitamin e and b12 using poultry booster also.

Hello I have duck with the same
Issue where do you get selenium from? I have vitamin e and b12 using poultry booster also.
Welcome To BYC

Give your bird a little egg, tuna or sunflower seeds daily for Selenium, there's no need to purchase it separately and you risk overdosing if you give them Selenium pills.

B12 poultry booster (?) is it only B12 (Colabamin)?
Your aim with giving B-Complex is to provide B1(Thiamine). B-Complex usually consists of all 8 B Vitamins.
Give her 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily along with a little egg.

Back
Top Bottom