Wry tail, cure?

Can you post some photos of him?
How old is he?
You can see him in this pic but will take fresh ones later. It dose seem to be a growth -deformity and not just plumped up feathers and he has grown considerably since this photo

Attachments

• received_2987476134864902.jpeg
    received_2987476134864902.jpeg
    870.9 KB · Views: 19
That ought to knock four possible bad-guys out: cocci from the harkers coxoid & roundworms, protozoa, hair worms aka capillaria worms from the panacure aquasol. Well done!

Albendazole aka Valbazen, Febendazole aka Safe-Guard, Praziquantel aka Equimax would cover cecal worms & tape worms.

With the addition of one of the above mentioned medications, you'd be 'loaded for bear' when it comes to de-worming your flock.
The aquasol i got is the equine version and covers the cecal worms aswell as round worms and the others

That ought to knock four possible bad-guys out: cocci from the harkers coxoid & roundworms, protozoa, hair worms aka capillaria worms from the panacure aquasol. Well done!

Albendazole aka Valbazen, Febendazole aka Safe-Guard, Praziquantel aka Equimax would cover cecal worms & tape worms.

With the addition of one of the above mentioned medications, you'd be 'loaded for bear' when it comes to de-worming your flock.
They are both in water treatmens can i use at the same time?

Do you suspect that your bird has Coccidiosis and/or worms?

I would not use both products in the water at the same time.

Pick what you think you need to be treating first if they need treatment.
I dont beleive they have either but on recommendation of those who have kindly given there time to respond with their wisdon and experience, i have decided that to be the kind of owner i strive to be then i am going to accept that advice and makesure the are paracite free. All i want is the happiest healthiest chucks that they can be😉

Can you post some photos of him?
How old is he?
Heres some more photos. You may not be able to tell in the photo but if not for the wry tail he would be heading towards being a show stopper. He gorgeous!. There is a lump there is not puffed up feathers

Attachments

• 20210725_153139.jpg
    20210725_153139.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210725_153145.jpg
    20210725_153145.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210725_153155.jpg
    20210725_153155.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210725_153214.jpg
    20210725_153214.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210725_153218.jpg
    20210725_153218.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210725_153228.jpg
    20210725_153228.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210725_153233.jpg
    20210725_153233.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
You can see him in this pic but will take fresh ones later. It dose seem to be a growth -deformity and not just plumped up feathers and he has grown considerably since this photo
Wry tail isn’t caused by anything you can fix, and can’t be cured. It is usually genetic, so you shouldn’t breed him if you plan to sell or show his offspring.

Wry tail isn’t caused by anything you can fix, and can’t be cured. It is usually genetic, so you shouldn’t breed him if you plan to sell or show his offspring.
Sadly thats what i was thinking. I may to a trial breed just to see at some point but i think you right. I just wanted confirmation of my own thoughts and maybe a little hope lol. As in every other way he is a corkin little bird and me mate to boot. Regardless he will be given a good life and enjoy a full natural span of time

Sadly thats what i was thinking. I may to a trial breed just to see at some point but i think you right. I just wanted confirmation of my own thoughts and maybe a little hope lol. As in every other way he is a corkin little bird and me mate to boot. Regardless he will be given a good life and enjoy a full natural span of time
As far as I know, wry tail is a recessive gene. That means that even if his chicks don’t have wry tail, they’ll carry the gene and be able to have more wry tailed chicks. So you still should not sell or breed his offspring even if they have perfect tails.

As far as I know, wry tail is a recessive gene. That means that even if his chicks don’t have wry tail, they’ll carry the gene and be able to have more wry tailed chicks. So you still should not sell or breed his offspring even if they have perfect tails.
Sell??????????????
My chicken math dosnt include selling lol.
But yes your probably right. I may have him looked at though incase it is a injury. But i am going to bring in another cockrell for breeding regardless as the 4 i have are all related.

Back
Top Bottom