WTB Black Tail Buff Jap hens or pullets...near Calf Central Valley

wolftracks

Spam Hunter
12 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Modesto
I put this add on there to look for a roo and my ullet gave out a strangled crow the next day. So I need to change my add. I need a couple of hens or pullets for my now boy. I have the rooster curse, so it was a goven if I was looking for a roo, I'd already have one.

Last edited:
I'll keep them in mind during my hunt. I'm kind of hoping to find one closer so I don't have to ship.

She crowed! First time and it was tiny, but that's a crow! Waiting to hear from the breeder to see if I should even breed. This bird looks like it's mother and has been mounted by banatam roos and goes into nest boxes, but no egg. So till I know what I need to do, I'm keeping this open but will probably have to read hen and not roo. I swear I have the roo curse. My birds seem to change sex way late in life.
idunno.gif

Well he's still beautiful. He's changed the past couple of weeks. Had so much going on and was feeding watering and running and just didn't notice. Yep, same tail now as my Mottled roo. So I'll be need to find a hen or 2 ASAP. If he just didn't hide all the time, I would have noticed sooner and he roosts with his tail down and tuck with 2 pullets. OK since he's a he, how does he look?

After reading this thread I actually laughed out loud when I saw the picture because that was the most definitive, cockerel-looking Japanese of its age I've seen. I live in Northern California, actual Nor Cal--Humboldt County--and I have a BTB pullet that is about two to three months old that I would like to find a home for. I took her in, but I am getting some mottleds, so I would much rather see her go to a breeding program where her color will be more productive. I don't know if you're still interested, but if you are it would be nice to work out some delivery arrangements. I don't think it would be necessary or wise to send her through the mail.

Back
Top Bottom