WV MD PA VA Chickenstock TSC Sat. April 23,2011

Quote:
Please send it to me too. I'll try printing some out again tomorrow. Babies are hatching tonight. :0)

what you got hatching?
I have(had) a Blue Wyandotte thatwas a test egg hatch few weeks ago and the 15 that where shipped and should have hatch did not.
The chick has drove me crazy! It's nickname is little BIG mouth.
Have 13 dozen(now) to hatch around the 19 and a few days later.
Boy will I be glad to give a friend to the little one.
Tammy I have 2 dozen coming in the 14 or 23 of feb if you have any that need to be pu in and your running out of room in your bators let me know.
Only other ones I will be doing then is 2 dozen meat bird eggs(Barnyard mix of XLG eggs)

I finally gave up and uploaded it to the blog... just scroll down. I guess you can right click and print it. It's showing the right size http://wvchickenstock.blogspot.com/

I
got a new computer and don't have publisher so I downloaded a free program called openoffice. Well, I think it has some sort of issue with not being able to upload it to a photo uploading site like BYC or photobucket but I could export it into whatever file/size I wanted on my hard drive... anyway, let me know if it works

Tonya, I hatched a hundred or so jumbo coturnix a few weeks ago eventhough I SWORE I'd never raise chicks inside again. BUT, I do have some resturants wanting them so, I had to get some started right away so, I could get going when the weather warms. I am picking up some peacocks and wheaten ameraucanas from Peachick next week so, Im excited about that and Im getting ready for a huge rosecomb incubation because rumor has it early early spring hatches give you birds with the widest feathers
idunno.gif
This is what ALL the old timers tell me so, Im not doubting them. BUT, my milles are the ones that are laying so, I'll probably do a quick hatch of them now and do the rosecombs and do a large mille hatch late spring. Rusty is FINALLY getting started on Msbearland out there. Im invisioning an 8 pen stationary similar to the one on our blog http://designercoops.blogspot.com/ (the large stationary) but it would be 4 of those units built next to eachother and connecting and the roof lines would just be slanted backward with a large overhang over the rear where I would be feeding and egg collecting... even doing a downspout on the gutter to collect water for a water system. Im hoping it's done by the time my babies are a couple a months old because .... they'll be a lot of freeranging going on if not. And, those banty babies are hawk bait if I've ever seen it... Please Rus come through
fl.gif

Quote:
Sounds like you are were I am. I wish the snow would go away and it would dry enough to start building a 14x16 3 coops/brooder/grower. I have had enough of feathers,poulrty dust ,shavings,feed and everything else in the house.
What some button quail eggs??? I have a roo and 3 hens. man but they put out the eggs. They are red breasted silver roo,wild type hen ,red breasted hen,and the other is a high white/silver red breasted hen.

ok got 2 up in TS one on the front door and on the board in the back.
One up in Subdv. and one up at Pizza city in hedgesville by the food lion.
did not get to lowes ,but will post there and pass a few out to be handed out there.
I can't wait either!

ok got 2 up in TS one on the front door and on the board in the back.
One up in Subdv. and one up at Pizza city in hedgesville by the food lion.
did not get to lowes ,but will post there and pass a few out to be handed out there.
I can't wait either!

Maybe try the Petsmart in Martinsburg, Dog Gone (sp?) Pets, or the dog/cat food place in Hedgesville? There is also a bulletin board at Ark Animal Clinic in Hedgesville.​

Quote:
Maybe try the Petsmart in Martinsburg, Dog Gone (sp?) Pets, or the dog/cat food place in Hedgesville? There is also a bulletin board at Ark Animal Clinic in Hedgesville.

I worked at Ark the only thing they want posted has to do with dogs/cats or their best clinics Bussiness cards.
Petsmart is a good thought as well as Bentleys. If someone wants to try Dog Gone pets go ahead I won't step foot in there. Just from what I know from working 2 yrs at Ark.
It's just me and I don't want to start anything with having said that. They have moved and I 'm not sure where anyway.

Last edited:
That's great Thanks
Erin I sold both pairs of my BLRW's and 2 other roosters .
So I will have 1 breeder Quality BLRW rooster from Foley,Sterling and Paul lines.
Good new is they are starting to breed too. So I may have some chicks from that line too.
If not in April then I will have them for the next swap.

Back
Top Bottom