WV MD PA VA Chickenstock TSC Sat. April 23,2011

hello all, i will be coming all the way from Baltimore, MD and will be looking for RIR or BO chicks specifically. I am really looking foward to getting more chicks- I just had a fox take two of my hens yesterday...i'm down to only 3 hens now.
hit.gif

Question- To all Vendors and breeders hatching those breeds, how much do you normally charge per chick? just for a rough estimate, PM me.

Last edited:
We are working on the summer one and where it will be at. As there is 3 places we are talking about. Will let you know as so as we work out the times and place. It might come down to a vote. So if it does it will be posted here.
Erin can you e- mail me have somethings to tell you about. The McCormicks will not be there after all. So they can be taken off the list of you have one started yet.
Tammy orp ? What if any pullets or hens do you have for sale? Have a friend that is kinda looking for some. You can e- mail or pm if you want.

Hey Tonya, your inbox is full.. call me if ya get a chance tonight 304-279-0016

I think a summerstock at Gower's would be great. Im actually joining the MD Poultry Association and we may have a swap later this season at the Frederick County Fairgrounds so... I guess that'll be my swap. We will charge vendors and the proceeds will go to the association so... the farm is out.. .maybe we can still do some kind of get together though?

Im bummed the Mccormicks started their swap on the same day as ours
roll.png
They said that was the only day they could do it and it just kind of came out that way but, it kind of urks me that we are all getting privately emailed to participate in theirs... Uh HELLOOooo
lol.png

Quote:
YEP! I just cleaned it out I did not think I got pmed that much!
lau.gif

He e-mailed and said he is coming to the fall swap.
smile.png

Anyway Do y'all want to take a vote on where and when?
I don't know how to set up a vote thread.
That way everyone that comes to the swap seller or buyer can have their say in it too.
The more involved the better it will be.
Thanks Erin!

Last edited:
I am looking to buy some chicks. Is this a pretty big thing? Will any common breed I want be available? I am looking for Welsummers and Wyandottes. I am new to these things.

Quote:
I will have Blue wyandottes and SBLRW and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and if I get the order in I may have Partridge LF wyandotte(ordered for a breeder not sure if I will have and extras by then or if I will have them yet)
There will be orps,marans,ameraucana,Msbear may have some welsummers (her dad has them) and silkies, alot more I can't think of off the top of my head.

I have put out flyers in Williamsport feed store, Lowes in several DC, Hagerstown and Fredrick areas, Winchester and a couple more. Putting more out this week.

For April I'll have: chicks, started chicks and a few adults.

EE and Olive Egger chicks (Cuckoo Marans Roo over EE and Ameracuna hens.)
RIR
CP
Frizzles
Sulkies
Guinea (If they start laying soon.)
maybe a few mixs

I'll add to my list as they hatch.

Quote:
Thank you very much for all your help.
Getting the word out and putting flyers up is what makes the swap!
Keep up the good work everyone.

Back
Top Bottom