WV MD PA VA Chickenstock TSC Sat. April 23,2011

I cant do April 30th either
sad.png

I would vote for earlier in the month.... since many of us will start hatching feb/march.

As for time..... Its a 2 hour drive for me, so later is better too.

ok 2 vote for the 23rd.
It does not matter to me I'm just tring to get everything set up so we can have a stock.
Ok so do we change it to the 23rd of April and we need to vote on a time then?

I would bet the date doesn't matter for Randy, but the 23rd would be better for me. The last Friday of a month is always busy for me at work, and I like to take off several hours early the day before a show to get everything together. 8-1 works fine, but I wouldn't want it earlier than that because of the driving and setting up time. I have noticed though that if you say 8:00 people are invariably there much earlier to shop so it's a must to get set up no later than 7:30. If you pushed it back to 9:00 I think folks would still be there early to shop. You can always split the difference and say 8:30 to 1:30! LOL. Can't wait

Last edited:
Quote:
I love your incubator too! I may never hatch again!

gig.gif

WHAT! Never hatch again! Not you!
You enjoying those silkie chicks?
How did that one splash with the darker head turn out so far?

DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED!

Quote:
I vote for 8-1. We tried 9 before and I was bombarded by people and sold out of almost everything before 9. I am not going to tell people they have to wait and it is nice to have a few minutes of breathing room to set up in peace before the craziness starts and Spring chickenstock is CRAZY!

Tonya, ask Jonathan to let us know when and where he's going to teach us so we can test each others birds and do fairs, etc.

ETA: The silkies have taken over the washer and dryer tops. Growing like crazy. I have to feed them late at night so then their bellies are full and they will sleep (AND SHUT UP) so the humans in the house can sleep. Talk talk talk is all they want to do.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm very new to BYC but I'm intrested in your post, looking forward to coming. What is the best way to locate other chicken sales/swaps in WV and surrounding areas?

will do I kinda have a head start after working as a vet tech for 2 years. I laughted at him the first time he tested my birds and asked if he wanted me to do it. HE was shaking so bad I did not think he would be able to hit the vein.
lau.gif

He has gotten better.
I have a BLRW roo I would love to show (my breeder) and a hen
plus the WM roo would do good. I think.
Oh my blues! Now that is one rooster to look at! Even if he is just 6 months old!
Fertile like the dickens to boot. Just for fun put the every first egg from both Foley Birds and the chick is to hatch anyday now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~2 ~ VOTES FOR 8-1

Quote:
On BYC this thread for the rest of WV~
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10761
We in the easteren panhandle always post our own thread for swaps.
That is another place to look on BYC.
Hope to see you there and
welcome-byc.gif

ETA: The silkies have taken over the washer and dryer tops. Growing like crazy. I have to feed them late at night so then their bellies are full and they will sleep (AND SHUT UP) so the humans in the house can sleep. Talk talk talk is all they want to do.

I know just what you mean! I sold alot but still have my up and coming breeders in the house!
Be glad for warm weather to put them outside!

Last edited:
here is a list of va swaps for this year so far. Tammy are you watching???? I see a ~ Gilmanor Farms ~ name there......
tongue2.gif

April 9th Madison Heights TSC
April 16th Cartersville Blanton and Pleasants Store
April 23rd Powhatan TSC
April 30th Marshall TSC
May 7th Gilmanor Farms
May 14th Powhatan TSC
May 28th Madison Heights TSC
June 18th Powhatan TSC
June 25th Madison Heights TSC

Back
Top Bottom