WV MD PA VA Chickenstock TSC Sat. April 23,2011

great! there will be alot of different breeds there. So there will be a lot to look at.
I hope this one is bigger then the last!
Good Luck!

just to let everyone know, I've already been getting phone calls and emails about Chickenstock. How exciting!!! I will get right on the flyers and post them here soon

As for the June Chickenstock at the TSC, I would really like to host one on the farm this year so everyone can attend (including me:) ... I was thinking either June or July. BUT, I also know Gower's would like us to do another one there as well.. hmm... I know many of you are closer to the Martinsburg location but, maybe some of you would like to venture across the river to come hang with me??

As for PA stocks, the biggest swap I've ever been to was in Uniontown, PA http://www.uniontownpoultry.com/ They have one the 3rd Sunday of every month, I believe

Quote:
That's great! It is posted on this site east coast chickens . com & also on this site to. http://www.poultrybarn.net/ and I have been telling everyone about it too.
As far as a swap at your farm I think that would be great! Maybe we could if Gowers in late summer? Or if you pick June then July or the other way around.
Anyone wanting to sell in Va please e-mail or pm me so I can get you the form you need and info. of what you have to do and this goes for shows too.
Thanks for the update Msbear. PS seen you sale ad! Wow they are nice and have gone up in the $ . As with everything you get what you pay for and your Cochins are very nice!

Last edited:
Thanks, Tonya. It's hard to get milles with good type and I've been concentrating on that...as much as possible while still maintaining decent color.. guess it shows.. very happy
smile.png

Hey all! I've been lurking for a while but decided to join the forum to post here. I'm going to be new to chickens - I bought 5 acres in Hedgesville last year and am looking to start a small flock. Are you guys selling some young chicks at this meet, or are they mostly older chickens?

Quote:
There will be both there. What are you looking for? I can tell you what I will have and I breeds some of the others will have as they have their main breeds or if you just post what you may be looking for they will reply to and you can get info on the breeds you want to see / try. Welcome to BYC and to Hedgesville. I live near the wood resort in hedgesville. We all look forward to meeting you the spring.

Wow, quick reply! I'm basically restricted to 12 fowl on my property by my HOA, so I'm not looking for a ton of chicks to start off with. I'm looking for egg layers, no white eggs. I've been thinking about starting off with RIR or barred rocks... Standard birds that hopefully should do well for me. I figure after I get my feet wet I could try other birds, unless you guys have some suggestions on other things that will work in this area.

I live down Back Creek, near the WMA. I moved here from Montgomery County, MD, where I lived for 10 years. I LOVE living here!

Quote:
I know there is all ways some sex link hens there. Most of us breeders will only have rarer breeds. There will be other common chickens there too. I know that a few will have Marans in blue, black and splash, black copper, wheaten and they lay dark brown eggs most are lg in size too. They are good layers. There will be Orpington's and they have a cream brown color with lg eggs and are good layers. There will be ameraucana's that lay blue eggs nice size too. Wyandotte's that lay lg cream colored eggs. Ok everyone I know I' m missing some good ones too. So help me out here. These are just a few that will be there. Hopefully someone else can get on and tell you some more breed that will lay good brown eggs. Hope this helps some .

That's a huge help - thanks! I think I might just have to wait 'till the event to decide on a breed. That'll also give me some more time to build a chicken tractor, but I think that's a whole other issue
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom