WV Spring ChickenStock Sat. April 24 8-12 TSC Martinsburg

Ooh I saw the craigslist ad today. I'll be there, and hope to see you all too! I'm thinking of buying my chicks there... it gives me lots of time to build a coop (I'm not very keen on doing it now, in this horrible snow).

I will be there with wheaten ameracauna chicks and adults
solid blue/black/splash marans chicks and adults
and probably a few blue copper marans adults
We'll see what else I can come up with.

This snow collapsed my pens so lots of birds are running together. I wont have pure eggs again for a few weeks.
sad.png

Oh Kat, Im sorry about the collapse! At least your roos are having the time of their lives
lol.png

I will start adding what everyone is bringing to the first post.

Msbear is bringing:
bantam mille fleur cochin project trio
bantam columbian cochin pair
rosecomb hatching eggs and mille fleur hatching eggs
some barnwood "Eggs For Sale" signs
and some chicken stuff like wire egg collecting baskets
Im also bringing started plants; herbs, veggies, flowers
big_smile.png

I am bringing - chicks and hatching eggs--
EE' s - Blue gene/Cm
Cm
Eggs for hatching/eating
Is there anything else that would be good to bring?
Oh' I have some Home Made Brown Turkey Fig Jam I can sell too. We have more then we can eat.
I have some mutts in the bator right now for the family next door. If any of those turn out nice I might bring some of those.
I can see if hubby will build some nesting boxes and small coops

I only had 4 BLRW hatch. So I will not have any of those or Lav Orp chicks , due to the snow could not go get the Lav Orp roo.
hit.gif

I can let you know soon if hubby will make anything to bring.

Peachick --
wee.gif
ya.gif
PLease please save some of the Marans for me
fl.gif
What time are you going to be there? I will have hand full of cash
droolin.gif

I want 1 BCM roo and all the other marans. I wish hubby might pass out or say ok but that is it.
I do have to save enough to buy Blue Orp pullet from Tammy.
We will end up buying more then selling.
barnie.gif

I can let you know soon if hubby will make anything to bring.

I will definitely be there! Tax season will officially be over by then!!!
wee.gif
D.gif

Cannot wait! I should have some Silkies by then, and definitely some of our barnyard special chicks, too. I have a RIR roo over a RIR hen, Black Australorp hen, Silver laced Wyandotte hens, Appenzeller hens. I can't wait to see what egg laying, winter hardy chicks I get! I may have some ducks eggs and a pair of Peafowl to sell, too. Cannot wait for this one, went to the one in October or Novemeber and had a blast!
thumbsup.gif

Oh! How do I get my birds NPIP tested and will I need that done to sell eggs, please?
smile.png

Last edited:
Yayyy!! Im so glad you can come. There should be a fella there testing birds. If you want to get tested prior, you can contact the ag. dept and get npip. It is free but there are a few rules. You cannot purchase birds from a non-npip breeder but you can still buy hatching eggs. That's the only that may be a deal breaker to some people. All hatcheries are npip so you can still purchase from them.

Selling eating eggs is a whole other thing. You'll need to purchase a permit from the ag. dept. and it's like $30 or so ...so kinda defeats the purpose unless you're pumping out a huge quantity

I would love to see the peafowl
big_smile.png

Then I'll just sell hatching eggs for now. Till I get the flock I want.
I was told it would not be till April that they will have the $ for new flock NPIP testing.
That is when they are to let me know when they will be coming out to test mine. If you have the NPIP can you buy eggs for hatching from people that are not NPIP?
Tring to talk hubby in letting me get some BCM / GCM. I still plan on getting b /b/s marans.
Pos BLCM from Peachick and 1 opr. from Tammy. Looking forward to April sale. Wish it was sooner! Warming weather and the sale!

Cool,
I have heard its against the law to ship eggs w/out it- eggbid
Also that if you have it you only can buy anything(eggs/chickens) from a NPIP Seller. all over the web.
Since I do not have mine yet I did not care as much. Although al my chickens have been tested/ Or parent stock was.
Thank You Very Much. At least I know for sure now.
thumbsup.gif

I just spoke with Tammy and she has confirmed that we will have two testers at our ChickenStock to help with any lines. I am soooo pumped!!
celebrate.gif

BTW, I have two bators going... 1 has about 60 eggs and the other has 40. And, I have 3 brooders going. ..am hatching norther bobwhites now.

Anyone else way over their head here???
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom