Wyandotte Chick - Splash?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
This lovely thing hatched this morning. It came frommy Blue Wyandotte hen & was fertilized by my Buff Laced Roo. Momma is a Very dark Blue & the roo has splashing in his background. I don't know a thing about mommas background, bought her as a 5 month-old but she's a pretty nice looking bird besides her wry tail.

I think it's probably a light Splash but it looks the same color as my old Self Blue Muscovies? normal for splashes? (ETA: none of my splashes from early this year were so light)

I was NOT expecting something so Blue to hatch from that breeding
ep.gif

Last edited:
This lovely thing hatched this morning. It came frommy Blue Wyandotte hen & was fertilized by my Buff Laced Roo. Momma is a Very dark Blue & the roo has splashing in his background. I don't know a thing about mommas background, bought her as a 5 month-old but she's a pretty nice looking bird besides her wry tail.

I think it's probably a light Splash but it looks the same color as my old Self Blue Muscovies? normal for splashes? (ETA: none of my splashes from early this year were so light)

I was NOT expecting something so Blue to hatch from that breeding
ep.gif
I wonder where it got those dark legs from...I think it looks like a solid blue.

Edit: I just reread, that mom is a blue (does she have black on her legs?) If she is blue she is only carrying one copy of the dilution gene, so if she only gave her black gene...this chick could be blue.

Last edited:
Momma bird is Very dark. Her comb has black and her legs are dark as well. I don'tknow her background but the father is from a SBLRW x BuffW breeding. He shows a teeny bit of splashing in his tail.

I would be so glad if it's a Splash.I have a couple girls now but none were this light as chicks and they turned out beautiful... excited to see how this one grows!

ETA: it's legs are really dark, and it has a small black spot on one of them.

Last edited:
Momma bird is Very dark. Her comb has black and her legs are dark as well. I don'tknow her background but the father is from a SBLRW x BuffW breeding. He shows a teeny bit of splashing in his tail.

I would be so glad if it's a Splash.I have a couple girls now but none were this light as chicks and they turned out beautiful... excited to see how this one grows!

ETA: it's legs are really dark, and it has a small black spot on one of them.
Will you update the thread when he/she grows up? Would love to see how it feathers out.

Will do! I am really hoping it's a pullet. I orderedsome really nice Blue Wyandotte eggs and got one out of them and I am pretty sure it's a roo. Hoping to improve the size of mine some.

Back
Top Bottom