Wynadotte question.

green homesteader

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 15, 2011
Southren Tier NY
I have a BLRW roo, I really like him. But finding nice BLRW hens for him is proven to be a challange. I have some GLW and SLW hens. What results would the chicks be if I put them together? BLRW X SLW or BLRW X GLW?

BLRW x SLW = Sex-linked offspring, females will look like GL or BLG. Males will look like SL but with red on the shoulders, slight yellowing on the hackles and saddle. Some might have blue lacing.

BLRW x GLW = All gold laced, some might have blue lacing.

Just remember though when it comes to color - You gotta build the barn before you paint it.
wink.png
If your BLRW male is nice, get nice hens! Good SLW's and GLW's aren't very common, especially Gold Laced.

We plan on continuing are search for nice BLRW females.
fl.gif

Although, I was wondering if he is kept with the SLW or GLW girls would they be something we would want to hatch? Or should I just sell them and save for nice BLRW..
idunno.gif

Does anyone have pics of BLRW X SLW or BLRW X GLW ??

BTW Illia, I <3 the color tip!!

We had a SLW roo over BLR hens-all very good breeder stock(non-hatchery) until we got a second coop for our blues....not a pretty offspring combo. We got 4 offspring from that mix, all roos. HUGE birds, but not pretty in color(compaired to a pure SLW). I don't think I have photos of them, I'll need to check. I'd wait for some nice BLR hens
smile.png

I had the same problem, all the hens I came across were really washed out and not attractive at all. I got it in my head to get him some blue laced hens, blue cochin hens, and blue andalusian hens. Does anyone know what that outcome would be? I thought it would be cool to have a blr cochin, lol.

Back
Top Bottom