Wyoming Unite!!!!

Jammy Dodger

Chirping
Jul 30, 2017
Sad day here . Lost our first girl to an unknown cause. The flock was out in a small free range and all were pecking away , digging holes, dust bathing, just having a great day. All had laid their eggs by mid afternoon but when I checked on them at 3 our Buff (one of our favorites) was laying dead. No blood, wounds, or any outward signs of cause. She was very healthy and happy and seemed fine . I guess the LORD needed another chicken for His flock. He choose a good one. We will miss her deeply.

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
Sad day here . Lost our first girl to an unknown cause. The flock was out in a small free range and all were pecking away , digging holes, dust bathing, just having a great day. All had laid their eggs by mid afternoon but when I checked on them at 3 our Buff (one of our favorites) was laying dead. No blood, wounds, or any outward signs of cause. She was very healthy and happy and seemed fine . I guess the LORD needed another chicken for His flock. He choose a good one. We will miss her deeply.
Sorry for your loss...it always seems to be one of the favorites.

red horse ranch

Crowing
Jan 24, 2014
Buffalo Wyoming
It is so hard to lose our favorite chickens. Especially when we don't know why.
So sorry.... :(

1245780trex

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2019
I’m not sure how long this is going to keep adding up but I live in buffalo and I have:
2 bantam roosters
2 black star bantams
1 white crested black polish bantam
1 isa brown
1 what looks like a hamburg
1 Rhode Island Red rooster
6 Rhode Island reds
3 golden comets

red horse ranch

Crowing
Jan 24, 2014
Buffalo Wyoming
I’m not sure how long this is going to keep adding up but I live in buffalo and I have:
2 bantam roosters
2 black star bantams
1 white crested black polish bantam
1 isa brown
1 what looks like a hamburg
1 Rhode Island Red rooster
6 Rhode Island reds
3 golden comets
Hi @1245780trex ! Glad to see another Buffalo person on here. Sounds like you have a pretty varied flock.
Welcome to BYC! :frow

Top Bottom